Chapter 19

They had their first therapy session today and Carla was nervous, not because of the therapy itself after all she thought this was kind of pointless as she knew why Lucas was like this. Lucas was nervous as well and when Lucas got nervous things then didnt entirely go well for Carla. It had been a week since she spoke honestly with Peter but she hadn't seen him since or tried her best to avoid him as she didnt want to speak to him at all in fear of what he may say. In a way she was grateful for her newfound attitude as this was only making Lucas show love towards her and in a twisted way she was proud of herself for putting on this newfound front and confidence even though she felt as if she shouldn't.

"Carla?"

"Mhm?" she peers up from her work with a small smile on her face noticing Lucas standing in the doorway of her office at Underworld "Oh hey babe, is it time?"

"Uhm they had to cancel," he says, she narrows her eyes in suspicion "They wanted to reschedule until tomorrow if that's ok with you?"

"I'm a bit busy tomorrow, remember I have that suppliers meeting" she says as Lucas sighs in response and nods slowly "Can they do it another time?"

"They said tomorrow or we have to wait a month...I mean I could go on my own?"

"It's entirely up to you" she smiles slightly, he nods

"I'll go on my own," he says, Carla nods in response knowing not to question him over it "I'll tell them to reschedule tomorrow"

"I'm with you all the way, you tell me about it when I get in tomorrow yeah?"

"Of course, let me got and ring them" he smiles, she nods watching him leave, she sighs slightly before shaking her head and continuing with her work...

Work seemed like a welcome distraction she was able to immerse herself into the world of numbers and figures and just forget about her life. It was weird, well everything was weird and she didnt really know what to do, Lucas was her world, she knew this and he was the final one and she was convinced but unfortunately, she felt a longing for something more and the more she mulled over that thought the more she realised it was Peter but Lucas was the one, she was convinced and that's what scared her. The workers had gone home and she was working late, she had a text from Lucas to be back by nine so they could go to bed together no doubt in another attempt to create a baby as she was in her fertile window which caused her to sigh. Everything was hazy all of a sudden and she didn't know why, her world was a blur but she knew it was understandable down to the way she was being treated by er husband, maybe this was the reality fo her situation sinking in, maybe she would find the strength to leave him as doubts were officially flooding her mind but the more she thought about it and the more she realised that the love she had for Lucas would draw her back and yet again suck the life out of her. She packed up the office just gone half seven and then shut the factory up and went to Dev's to see if there was any sort of decent red wine there which didnt taste like paint-stripper but nothing sufficed she left empty-handed and trudged back to the flat.

"Hey" Peter smiles softly leaning on the wall outside number one with a cigarette in his fingers, she smiles slightly "Working late?"

"Hmm busy, busy at the moment" she nods biting her lip and taking in his appearance "Me and Lucas were meant to be having our first therapy session today but it got cancelled"

"Cancelled?" Peter queries, Carla nods "That's a shame"

"Hmm yeah" she sighs in response, he goes to stub his cigarette out but she grabs onto it and takes one last final drag from it before stubbing it out herself

"Are you ok? You seem kind of distant..."

"Yeah I just can't help but think it wasnt cancelled" she sighs in response hating the fact that she was doubting Lucas, Peter frowns "I know he's scared about going places like that, he's respectable a businessman someone who shouldn't struggle because they have everything...something just doesn't feel right"