Chapter 15

Lucas had been unintentionally quiet, it was starting to get to Carla and she didn't know what to expect if she questioned him so she just let him brood. Worry was the immediate thing she felt but she felt ever so on edge that she didnt want to question him knowing exactly how he would react instead she just went into the bedroom and got dressed for the day unable to muster up the conversation with her husband. Lucas was hot on her heels though so much so she received a light sigh and that's when he turned, immediately grabbing her body and shoving her up against the wall. It was the simplest things that set him off this time and Carla questioned internally how much longer she could cope with this but the reality of this situation was that she couldn't leave if she wanted to because she was always drawn back to him. She didnt know when it would stop, not that she wanted it to stop anyway.

"Lucas" she grits out, he covers her mouth and she looks at him in the eyes pleading for him to be gentle with her "What's gotten into you?"

"You and Peter" he whispers into her ear, she nods slowly

"Babe I told you the truth because I love you not him, he means nothing to me" she whispers as Lucas releases her from his grasp, in a way she was thankful he didnt hurt her, rape her or even worse

"I don't know if I believe you!" he cries, she brings him into her embrace and holds him wanting to give him comfort "Please don't leave me, Carla"

"Hey I will never leave you" she soothes him peppering kisses all over his head, he wraps his arms around her body "I'll tell you what we'll do"

"What?" he looks up at her hopefully

"Why don't we have a movie day, I think we need to spend some time together yeah?" she questions looking at him in the eyes, he nods and kisses her gently on the lips "Why dont we get the duvet and we can lounge out on the sofa together and just have a lazy day, drink in each other's appearances and hold each other like we used to"

"I'd love that" he nods, she smiles slightly bundling the duvet up into her arms, she walks into the living room and places the duvet down on the sofa, he picks her up and she giggles animatedly allowing him to place her down on the sofa

"Lucas stop I'm ticklish!" she giggles as Lucas climbs over her body and kisses her passionately, she reciprocates before murmuring into his lips "We can do that next week, a lot of that next week"

"Hmm good" he whispers, she cheekily slides out from underneath him and he falls comically onto the sofa, she giggles "Oi!"

"I'm going to go out and get us some snacks" she smirks slinging her bag onto her shoulder, Lucas nods "Find a good film, something which isn't diehard, too gory, or too scary-"

"So Fifty Shades?"

"Funny" she sticks her tongue out at him, he smirks "I'll be back soon, I love you"

"I love you too"

She was walking along the street, she decided that this is what they needed to take time out to understand each other a bit more as well as spending quality time together and she was definitely convincing herself that this was the right thing to do. Carla went into the factory just to double-check that everything was ok and that the place hadn't burnt to the ground and because it was she somehow felt rather pushed out all of a sudden even though she owned the place. She stepped out of the building clocked Michelle and Peter having a discussion across the road and narrowed her eyes instantly before ignoring them completely and heading into Dev's to pick up some snacks for her and Lucas' day together soon enough Peter entered the shop probably having seen her enter, the more Carla focussed on him the more she realised that Peter had a busted lip.