Chapter 5

Everything felt so much to her disapproval, it was weird she felt as if her control had been taken away from her but another thing that was weird is that she just seemed to let it happen, no right whatsoever. Vigorous tests and assessments and Aidan was deemed a match to solve Carla's problems so she went for it as she felt she didnt have a choice, her own opinions didn't matter only those of Lucas and her family. There was an odd thing around the meaning of choice and she felt like she didn't have a choice but to go with everyone else's decisions, it was borderline ironic and hypocritical how she couldn't decide on a choice but her whole life resembled a choice that other people decide for her. She felt ever so guilty because of it though as she was about to ruin her family's life in the backstabbing method of taking their livelihoods for herself. Sucking their lives away from them when they had just rewarded her with life for herself, it felt so wrong but she knew why she had to do this.

"You seem brighter" Lucas glances her up and down, she smiles going over to him and wrapping her arms around his neck "How's your scar doing?"

"Yeah it's healing well, still a bit sore when I move violently but it's bearable why?" she questions as Lucas smirks passing her a leaflet "What's this?"

"Well, I was thinking why don't we go away?"

"Go away? Where to?" she questions looking at the leaflet and reading it before it clicked "A cruise? Do you really see us on a cruise?"

"Oh come on" he teases she raises her eyebrows "Unless you want this option of a private villa in the Maldives"

"That sounds amazing" she closes her eyes blissfully before checking her diary and showing Lucas all that she had booked for those two weeks "Too many kidney appointments babe, I cant cancel them can I? Maybe we could go in the summer when things have settled down a bit more with my kidney"

"Yeah that would be a good idea," he says wrapping his arms around her from behind she winces "Oh sorry did I hurt you?"

"Yeah sorry its a bit sore" she whispers as he kisses her on the back of the head "Maybe its too soon to be going back to work"

"Who said you were going back to work?" he teases she turns around in his arms and frowns "You have a girly day out with Michelle"

"Really?" her eyes widen, Lucas nods in response "I love you!"

"Good" he smiles kissing her softly on the lips "She's coming around later, there are posh juices and stuff from that shop in the precinct"

"You do know how to treat a girl well" she smirks Lucas kisses her on the forehead as the buzzer sounds, he lets the person up knowing it would be Michelle "Hello babe"

"Hey" Michelle smiles as Lucas glances between the two women "Go on get out of here no men allowed"

"Don't be mean" Carla pouts her lips pecking Lucas one last time, instead he just kisses her passionately causing Michelle to playfully roll her eyes "Bye now"

"Can't wait to get rid of me" Lucas tuts before leaving, Carla glances at Michelle raising her eyebrows

"Lucas got posh juice from the precinct"

"That stuff costs a bomb" Michelle drools as Carla pulls it out and pours a glass for each of them "This place though...it's beautiful, seriously"

"Hmm you can have a gander if you want"

"I wouldn't even know where to start" Michelle smirks as Carla bites her lip passing her a glass

"So here we have the fancy bread proofer, the three microwaves, a steam one, two regulars, then the double stove"