Chapter 7

The thing about her relationship with Lucas was that the grounds to their relationship were based on love, she really did love Lucas inside and out, she was fond of him and they were happy together he just sometimes got a bit protective but that was ok, she would prefer someone who put her above anyone else and that's what he was doing right? The fact she had to question it did put doubts in her mind but she was happy, more than happy because she loved him and loving Lucas was something that she was proud of and loved to show off to the world just like he loved to show her off to the world. Carla was on her way to the factory and Simon was waiting there eagerly causing Carla to raise an eyebrow at his eagerness so she let him in and guided him into the office where they both sat down ready to talk.

"So then what can I do for you then Si?"

"I was wondering if you had any work going?" he asks kind of shyly, Carla rolls her eyes before chuckling slightly "Dad and mum said I should get a job as I keep hounding them for money"

"Hmm, so you want to work here?" Carla questions before narrowing her eyes slightly and biting her lip "I might have something for you actually"

"Really?" Simon looks up at her with hope in his eyes, Carla nods slowly in response

"I need someone to manage social media, get us out there that sort of thing and the likes of them lot out there aren't really up to it and you know your way around technology so I think that would suit you fine"

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, certain" she nods as Simon hugs her, she smiles slightly trying not to wince and just enjoy the moment, Lucas walks in "Ah, Lucas"

"Is this your husband?"

"Yeah, this is Lucas" Carla introduces Lucas to Simon who smiles in response "Lucas meet Simon, my ex-step son"

"Nice to meet you Simon" Lucas smiles offering his hand out for Simon to shake which he does "What can we do for you Simon then?"

"Carla offered me a job as her social media person" Simon beams as Lucas glances at Carla narrowing his eyes slightly "I can't wait"

"That's great" Lucas paints on a smile as Simon nods sensing that they needed to talk

"Anyway, I'm going to go now as you two need to talk and stuff..."

"Alright, Si bye!" Carla calls as Simon leaves the office, Lucas closes the blinds and Carla raises her eyebrows at him with a knowing smirk

"Why did you do that?" he questions standing in front of her she opens her legs to allow him to rest his forehead on hers, he grabs her wrist and digs his nails into her skin

"Do what, he was part of my life and he was just asking for help" she whispers trying to pry his hand away as he was hurting her "You're hurting me Lucas"

"You know what this is about don't you?" Lucas whispers into her neck, she gulps slightly and shakes her head "This is all that ex of yours...Peter, he likes you, Carla"

"He's with Toyah" Carla grits out biting her lip in an attempt to distract herself from the pain which she was experiencing "He's not interested"

"So asking Simon to stalk you now is the way he wants to go about it then, I'll have a word-"

"Lucas no, I don't need the stress, please!" she begs as Lucas' face softens, he leans in to kiss her passionately, pushing her onto the desk, she just accepts anyway not that she wanted this now but it was better than the alternative, she pulls away "I love you, I don't want Peter I want you"

"And I want you" he whispers "Right here, right now"

"We have a flat two streets down-"

"No" he shakes his head stepping out of the office, she gulps slightly "Right you lot can have an early dart," he says before turning back into the office, he immediately grabs Carla's body and pushes her up against the wall of the office kissing her, his hands gripping onto her waist and his fingers kneading into the skin of her sides forcefully, she tries to focus on the moment