Chapter 5- Story Of My Life

VICTORIA'S POV

Blinding lights.

Sirens wailing from afar.

Suffocating smoke everywhere.

Everything was a blur. My throat felt dry and its hard to breathe like a tight rope is strangling me and is getting tighter as I try to move.

The thumping of my heart woke me up.

I tried to sit up. My vision still blurry.

I couldn't stand or even sit. But I saw a car that was caught up by a tree at the side of the cliff.

It took me sometime to process everything. Where I was, What's happening and then it came to me.

Its happening again. All of it is coming back to haunt me.

I tried to look for him. He wasn't there. But I know he is.

He always was here. Waiting on vain. Like always.

He was calling me. Softly, but you can hear the hurt in his voice.

I shifted my gaze to the cliff.

There, my brother Steven. Hanging from a branch.

Again.

I reached out for him. Again.

The only thing was. He was now further down. And my hand was not mine not the little hand I had as a child.

It was hard to reach him. But I tried. I swear I tried to save him.

I took hold of his hand and pulled him up with all the strenght I got.

Trying to change what has happened. It was impossible but I still have hope.

But he...

...let go of me...

Again.

I know. I swear. I did. I tried to save him. But he gave up.

No one did believe me. Not even my own mother. Not even myself. I was convinced that I was the one that let him go. And until now I'm questioning myself.

I could see his smile. Before he let go. I can still see it before my eyes.

I can hear my heart beating out of my chest.

And then I felt my weight shifting. Then there I was.

Falling. Neverending. And I could see my brother's smile. He was grinning. As I was falling. He's the one that let me go.

"IT'S OVER." Someone whispered in a voice that sounded familiar. Somehow.

I woke up from my nightmare only to wake up to a worse state.

REALITY.

Reality is worse than my past. Worse than the ghosts of my past that strangle me and haunt me everytime I tried to leave it behind.

Life before that day were unrecognizable. Blurry. I couldn't remember most of the memories I had as a child or atleast I actually intended not to.

I ran away from it. From everything. That's why I hide with all this arrogance and all this wealth because they cover up the wounds, the cracks that I've got.

_____________________

A/N: I decided to makea sort of a 'special chapter'. I'll make a Chapter 5.2 next instead of writing Chapter 6 already. Haha.

Edited: 05/04/14  1:10am

I love you so much for reading this cupcake x