Chapter Five

It's a sex club, that lets people explore and express themselves however they want to, in a safe environment.

I frowned and felt hot. I was never a confident person and always shied away from topics that were dirty. It made me nervous.

I didn't have any experience with sex before. When I was 16, my mom tried to set me up with her friend's son. His name was Jake, and he was always mean and bossy. I never liked him telling me what to do.

My parents were out at dinner one night and left us both home alone. He was meant to babysit me in a way. Even though, if I was by myself, I would have been too much of a scaredy-cat and wouldn't do anything that might possibly get me into trouble.

He didn't force me to have sex with him but pushed his fingers in my private area and it hurt. 

I tried ignoring him ever since, but my mom is insistent on us eventually getting married and being together. 

When I first learned about the topic, I was looking forward to experiencing everything with someone that I love. 

Not married, but in love with. He took that from me.

"Amara, are you confused?" Mr. Reed asked me. His knuckles were turning white, a different shade from his usual tan skin. 

"N-no... I know what that is," I told him quietly. I trusted Mr. Reed. So I will trust that he will keep me safe. Hopefully. 

"Are you still comfortable coming? I can drive you back to the apartment if you want," he was nervous. He moved his hand from the gear stick and placed his palm on my thigh. He moved his thumb slowly, comforting me. 

"No, you just surprised me as you said. I am a bit n-nervous though so if I can stick with you I will be okay," I told him honestly. He smiled and moved his hand to brush his fingers through my hair. 

"I am happy to hear that," he said. "No one else will be there other than us and Judah, so you will be safe."

"Okay, I trust you," I whispered with a small smile. I noticed he grinned back at me. He should know I trust him by now. Scraps and I have been living at his home for just over a week. 

It was silent the rest of the drive. We ended up parking outside of a massive building. It had lights roped around the door and a flashing sign outside of it. It was simply called 'Red' in big, bright letters.

We exited the car and Mr. Reed grabbed my hand. I was sweating nervously and followed behind him. He told me to calm down, but I struggled too. This was a major step outside of my comfort zone. 

He knocked on the door and sighed irritably. We stood in the cold weather for around five minutes until someone answered. 

"Took you long enough," Mr. Reed said angrily. He started rubbing my knuckles with his thumb. His hands felt rough.

"Fuck you too."

I looked up and a tall man stood there. He was built like a brick house and covered in black tattoos. He was the opposite of Mr. Reed. He had long blond hair and a thick trimmed beard. His eyes were two different colors. One was white with a scar over it down to his jaw, the other dark brown. 

I scooted back a little when he looked down at me. It was very intimidating. 

"And who's this?" 

"Amara, meet Judah," Mr. Reed said. He smiled down at me.

"Hi," I finally answered. My voice was quiet, but he heard me from the reaction on his face. He only sent a smile in my direction.

We all walked inside. The floor we were on seemed normal. It had a bar and dance floor. There was a DJ booth tucked away in the corner and speakers all around the room.