Chapter Thirteen (Part 01.)

It seemed like forever until he returned. Knox opened the door to his office and locked it behind him. I was nervous to see if he was angry at me. 

"I didn't mean to hide anything from you earlier, I swear! I didn't want to interrupt your meeting. I was being a good girl like you said," I scrambled my words together and prayed he understood. 

"It's not you I am mad at," Knox looked down at me and frowned. He sat on the seat next to me, trying to calm down. "I may have overstepped... I called your friend, Jake, and told him to back down. He refused and told me that the dinner your mom organized tonight is to 'show you who I truly am.'

"Jake is in New York, not California. His family was going to be there, and that stupid dog he wants to bribe you with. She wanted to bring up my past, hoping that it will scare you away."

"Why would I get scared of you?" I asked. "I know more about you than my mom. I trust you more than my family."

"When you said your mom 'Googled' me, she wasn't talking about me being a lawyer, Amara. A few years ago I struggled with alcohol. I was at dinner with my mom and some guy kept harassing her. I was angry, very angry. I had spent six months in lock up and a couple of years attending AA meetings trying to move on with that part of my life.

"I am sure that your mom would have loved to bring this up and encouraged you that Jake was the better choice."

Knox didn't look at me. He seemed disappointed in himself and scared of my reaction to his past choices. I tugged on his arm gently and he smiled gently down at me. 

"Thank you for telling me. I am not scared of you for protecting your mom. I am angry at my own mom for being like this," I said. I was angry and upset with her. Knox had done more for me in a couple of months than she had done since my birth. 

"Thank you for accepting me, Amara. I would never hurt you. I haven't touched alcohol since I was 24. I promise to always keep you safe and protected."

"Of course," I mumbled, not quite sure how to respond. I was very overwhelmed already with my mom, Jake, and this stupid dinner she was using to manipulate me.

"Maybe we should go tonight," I said. Knox's eyes shot to me and he immediately frowned. 

"I mean, it might serve her right to know that I am never going to be with Jake... also, if he sees us together he might realize that too," I explained. Knox put his hand on my thigh and gave me his usual warning glare. He seemed apprehensive about my idea.

"I trust you," Knox reluctantly gave in. I think the idea of spending another dinner with my family was his worst nightmare. 

"Do you have any more meetings today?" I asked him. Knox shook his head at me. His fingers crept up my leg. 

"I need you to be quiet. They may not be able to see us but if you make the slightest sound they will hear you," Knox looked at his door then back at me. It made me feel funny. The glass was completely clear and made it seem like everyone could look at us and know what we were doing. 

I nodded and Knox and his grip tightened around my leg. 

"Use your words, please," Knox spoke. He seemed more relaxed now than before.

"Yes, Daddy," I replied obediently and he removed his palm. Knox grabbed his phone from his pocket and started tapping buttons on it. 

My eyes widened when small vibrations made me close my legs. Knox looked at me and gave me a sly smile. He put his phone on the table and move his hand back under my dress. I felt his fingertips gently scratch the outside of my undies. 

"How do you feel, baby?" Knox asked me as he pulled my underwear to the side. His hand cupped my cunt and his thumb slowly massaged my clit. 

My breathing wavered slightly as he continued rubbing. Knox wrapped his other hand gently around my neck. He started kissing me to swallow the moan that was about to sputter as I hit my peak. I clenched my teeth together, biting his bottom lip when climaxing. 

Knox removed his hand from my underwear and stopped the vibrator from moving inside of me. He scooted away from me on the couch and didn't look at me. He seemed uncomfortable, shifting around on the cushion trying to readjust himself.

"Did I do something wrong?" I questioned quietly. I sunk back into my seat nervously. 

"No," Daddy looked back and forth between my eyes before looking down at his pants. 

"Oh," I mumbled. I wasn't used to having a boyfriend, or anyone that I really, really liked. But Knox had shown me a lot of things since being together, surely I should try and return the favor?