Chapter Nine

please remember to vote, it really motivates me to keep writing! short chapter, but this is the second update today!  ♡☆!

"What flavor did you want to try, baby?" Knox asked me, taking my hand. His fingers intertwined with mine. 

I was so excited, I felt like a little girl in a candy store. There was so much to look at. 

"Strawberry, pretty please," I said excitedly. I smiled ear to ear when he ordered it for me. It wasn't long before the man behind the counter prepared it for us. 

"Thank you so much!" I expressed how happy I was. I hugged Knox instantly and felt his arms wrap around me, it was like I was melting into him. I held my ice-cream back so it didn't touch his clothes. 

When I pulled away, Knox put his hand on my back and led us outside and towards his car. Knox watched me closely when I licked and ate my ice-cream. It made me blush but I ignored his stare.

I finished the dessert quickly. The heater in the car made it foggy, and I didn't want it melting onto my hands. My fingers were already sticky from the sugar. 

Knox grabbed my wrist firmly. I wiggled my fingers and he found it amusing. He put my thumb in his mouth and he sucked on it gently. I giggled a little bit when he started licking the rest of my fingers. 

"That tickles me, a bit," I told him. Knox wiped my hands on his shirt to dry them.

He put the palm of his hand on my cheek and his thumb wiped across my bottom lip. 

"How are you such a messy eater?" he chuckled, not moving his hand away. His eyes watched my every move. 

"I tried to eat it quickly so it wouldn't melt as much," I spoke. He lightly pinched my cheek before getting ready to drive back home to his apartment.

"Are you hungry, still? We can stop by the Chinese place down the road for take-out if you'd like," he suggested. 

I shrugged my shoulders and smiled. "If I am hungry I can find something at home."

Daddy turned his head slightly and grinned at me. I think he was happy that I was comfortable enough with him to say the apartment was my home now.

"Can I, um, ask something, please?" I mumbled. I was shy and he nodded. We were parked at a red light now, 10 minutes from home. I swallowed nervously and Daddy reassured me with a small peck on the cheek.

"I was wondering... can I, um, maybe see the-the playroom that you talked about? I don't know if you remember when we spoke about it last." 

Knox narrowed his eyes at me. I had never seen him flustered before, but his skin tinted pink. 

"Of course you can, I just don't want you to get overwhelmed," he turned his attention back to the road. It was quiet for the last few minutes of the drive.

⛧*┈┈┈┈﹤୨♡୧﹥ ┈┈┈┈*⛧

We were both standing in Knox's office. He seemed shy as he grabbed some keys and led me down the hallway. I never bothered to actually explore the apartment. I was never snoopy, and it didn't bother me much what Knox did in his spare time. I wanted to respect him and his privacy.

We stood outside of a pristine white door. The keys jingled in his sweaty hands when he unlocked it. The door flung open and an overwhelming heat suddenly took over me. 

It was freaky-deeky. He had a large bed in the middle with a four poster frame. There were lots of toys and decorative detailing that showed Mr. Reed's peculiar taste in art. 

"What's going on in that little head of yours?" he asked me. He seemed desperate for me to answer. I think he was worried that this room may have scared me off. 

"I am just trying to get to know you better, uh. I need to know if I can actually cope with all this or if my parents are right and I should go to California with them," I was quiet. I felt embarrassed, but Knox told me that he wanted honesty. 

"Oh," he seemed stiff and wide-eyed. A small sigh escaped his lips and he wrapped his arms around me in a tight hug. 

"I am willing to cut out everything, if it means you will stay with me, Amara," he mumbled against my hair. 

"Oh.. no, you don't have to do that. I just don't want you to have, um, expectations. I am not used to any of this," I laughed lightly. He pulled away from the hug. "I am okay... maybe trying some stuff. But I don't want you having your hopes too high."

"That's alright... do you have any idea of what you are going to do about your parents?" he sat down at the base of the bed and watched me. I wandered around the room and just looked. 

"Um, well all I know is that I don't like Jake, and I do like you, so I want to stay here. But they are going to be very upset with me," I approached him and stood between his legs. His hands trailed down to my lower back and he held me tight. 

"They will eventually learn to put up with me, you are their daughter. They can't be mad at you for long," Daddy said to me. I chewed on the inside of my lip. "God knows I can't be mad at you."

"You have had a long night," Knox said. His fingers entangled themselves in my hair as he gently brushed through the thick strands. "Let's get you off to bed."

"Um, so also. Another question..." I whispered. He hummed, readjusting his hands to my hips. "Can I, like, sleep in your bed tonight, pretty please? I get cold at night, and-and Scraps is annoying me in the night."

Knox smiled at me and leaned in. He pressed his lips to mine and his tongue snaked out to touch my own. He was aware how tired I was, so the kiss was very short lived. He didn't say anything to me, but grabbed my hand and we went towards his bedroom. 

"Sit. I will get you some PJs," he ordered and I obediently did as he said. I waited on the edge of his bed like a good little girl. He returned from my own room with a matching set of pants and tee. 

Knox helped me get dressed. He combed through my hair with his fingers to make sure their wasn't any knots. Before bed he kissed my cheek and wrapped his arms around my waist. I was comfortable, Knox felt like my home.