"fifteen"

❛ cocked up cookies and bitchin' birth control.❜

"𝐖𝐡𝐨 𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝

"𝐖𝐡𝐨 𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝."

After Mia had revealed to Emily about her imprint 'situation', the younger of the two was tempted to go home and feel sorry for herself by eating her feelings in ice cream and scaring herself with horror films that would surely give her nightmares.

However, she was instantly halted once the reminder of Laurent being hunted in the woods surrounding her. The two women decided to bake to take their worrying thoughts away, something Mia was never very good at as she had decided from a young age when baking with Emily that she did not trust the weighing scales, which almost always led to slightly mushy and spoiled baked goods.

"You're such a doof." The older girl suddenly giggled out as she watched Mia pour the flour into the bowl but ended up spilling the powder down the kitchen counter. Emily soon ushered the girl into the living room once the raw dough had halved in size, and the evidence covered the girl's mouth.

"Go and clean up. The boys should be back soon. We don't want Embry getting jealous over some cookie batter, now do we?" The woman teased as Mia groaned out in annoyance at the mention of her imprint as she didn't want to deal with any of it for the time being. However, she couldn't help but rush upstairs to make herself presentable for the tall boy who unwillingly gave her butterflies.

The girl practically lived at the pack house whenever she wasn't at home or at Jacob's. This had lead her to have a small collection of makeup and other toiletries living inside the Uley households bathroom. She pulled out the bag and quickly reapplied the patchy lipgloss and eyeliner, which had smudged as she panicked over Embry's secret.

She still didn't know how to feel. Mia wished with all her heart that Wesley was still around as he always knew what to say. But he wasn't, not after the accident. Shaking her head to get rid of the new upsetting thoughts, she looked at herself in the mirror. This wasn't her. Mia was known to be a strong and independent woman who didn't take shit from anyone. Sure she was sometimes slightly too emotional, but what girl wasn't who was on birth control.

Mia found it easier to blame her raging emotions on the medication she took. Maybe because deep down, she knew the signs of shifting matched her new actions completely, and that thought would surely tip her mental health over the edge. No one knew about the girl's pill apart from Emily, who took her to the doctors herself once a girl at school got pregnant at fourteen, something no one needed at that moment, especially with the dangerous vampires roaming the small town.

Not that Mia was seeing anyone, but as the girl didn't live with her mom, Emily had happily taken over the parental role along with Sam and Jay. The thought of sleeping with someone - especially Embry - made her face light up in embarrassment. Still, deep down, she was glad she was on birth control as she found the boy extremely good-looking, something she secretly hoped he thought as well as she felt herself slowly coming around to the idea of a romantic partner.