"nine"

❛ awkward accusations and cruel comments. ❜

𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐨 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐨𝐧 𝐞𝐱𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐚 𝐰𝐨𝐥𝐟 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞

𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐨 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐨𝐧 𝐞𝐱𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐚 𝐰𝐨𝐥𝐟 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞. So once Jacob's symptoms of shifting came in full swing a few days after his movie date with Bella, his dad was quick to tell the pale-faced girl about his illness so that she wouldn't come around and find out about the werewolf gene.

Mia was glad of this as she knew what it was like to witness the shift, and even though she wouldn't ever go back and change what she saw, it still scared the girl slightly. This meant that once the news came through, Jacob had changed early yesterday morning; Mia decided to wait until today to visit the boy as she didn't want to see her close friend in pain.

Her uncle had been there all night making sure the teen was fit and healthy after all of his bones broke in the transition, and just as Mia was about to leave to meet up with the wolves, the man sluggishly walked into the house.

"How is he?" Mia quickly questioned after she had stumbled down the stairs once the front door had creaked open, and she had heard the familiar sound of Jay placing his hospital bag on the floor.

"Jacobs fine. What I'm more worried about is what he said." The man somewhat bluntly stated once his niece had made her way into the kitchen where he stood with his arms crossed.

Mia made a face at her uncle's odd statement as she rushed around the room while collecting the things she needed before heading out. But she soon stopped in her tracks once Jay accusingly interrogated her about what she did the previous weekend.

"Why didn't you tell me you went on a date with Embry Call?"

An awkward silence made its way throughout the small room as Mia stumbled on her words on what to say to the uncomfortable question.

"It wasn't a date... we were just hanging out... alone... in a dark room..." Jay didn't seem pleased with the girl's comment, and he was just about to voice his concerns, but the doorbell went and cut him off.

Mia cursed under her breath as she knew who it was as the two had been talking over the phone all weekend which resulted in Embry offering to walk her to Sam and Emily's house to see Jacob today. But it seemed like the older man knew who it was too, as he looked at his niece for a split second before racing towards the front door with a devious grin on his face.

"Jay, No!" Mia yelled as she tried to beat the man to the door, but alas, she wasn't as fast as the werewolf and instead tripped on a lone shoe and ended up on the hallway floor as her relative opened the door.