"thirteen"

❛ disastrous dates and sacred secrets. ❜

𝐄𝐦𝐛𝐫𝐲 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐨𝐤𝐞 𝐮𝐩 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐬𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐩 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝

𝐄𝐦𝐛𝐫𝐲 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐰𝐨𝐤𝐞 𝐮𝐩 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐬𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐩 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐧 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝. He was beyond excited to meet up with Mia that afternoon and couldn't keep the smile off his face.

After a long, cold shower, the teen soon got dressed and was ready to head to Sam and Emily's house before meeting up with the girl in a few hours. He could hardly sleep with the excitement that ran through his body, so with the extra energy he had in his system, he was quick to make it to the couple's house, which the pack was piled in.

The group's alpha had called a pack meeting in regards to the situation with Bella and Mia that had happened the previous day with the vampire they all despised. Jay was the angriest out of them all, he had promised his brother that he would look after his niece, and he felt like he had failed them, so once Sam put the order out of extra patrols until Laurant was found - the uncle's rage subsided a little.

The wolf gathering was a brief one as Sam was soon barking out orders once they'd gone over their plan of catching the vampire who had threatened the pack's baby'. Embry had been put on the first patrol around the forest with no one other than Paul, the one wolf who he didn't want to see as the last time they had encountered one another, the Lahote boy had punched him in the face.

But the teen knew he had to face the one person who knew about him imprinting sometime soon; he just hoped that he wouldn't end up with a broken nose like last time. And luckily for Embry, the two didn't have another argument over his soulmate as they were too busy sprinting through the trees on all fours to have a proper conversation - but that soon came to a halt once they saw the one person who had put a strain on their relationship.

Mia had a rough night sleeping after Laurant had frightened her in the diner, and after tossing and turning all night, she had finally passed out at around 4 am after watching Sharkboy and Lavagirl for the tenth time that evening. She would also never admit it, but her 'date' with Embry had been on her mind as she was extremely excited as his 6'4, toned and tanned body had been filling her dreams until she was rudely awoken that late morning.

"Rise and shine. The sun is up!" Jay ecstatically stated after he had gently knocked on the girl's door before entering.

"What do you want me to do, photosynthesise?"

The uncle only rolled his eyes at Mia's comment as he opened her curtains to let the light drift into her room which had become dark and stuffy overnight. She groaned in annoyance at the sun that hit her eyes and was quick to stuff a pillow over her face, which was then soon rudely ripped away from her body and flung across the bedroom.

"Come on. Sleep is for the weak. You're coming to the hospital with me today so that I can keep an eye on you," Jay declared as he looked around the small bedroom in disgust at all the clothes and crap that covered the floor.

"And watch you flirt with Dr Cullen all day, no thanks." Mia scoffed out as she remembered the last time she was forced to join her uncle at his job. It was painfully evident that her relative had a small crush on the vampire - something which she couldn't blame him for as Carlisle was pretty easy on the eyes.

"Okay, one, it was not flirting, I was simply... admiring his stitch work, and two, he doesn't work there anymore, so you don't have an excuse not to come," Jay stuttered out as he felt his cheeks redden at the accusation his niece had thrown at him that involved a bloodsucker.

Mia giggled at the fact that she had made her uncle blush, but that soon came to a halt once she remembered she was hanging out with Embry in a few hours and somehow had to tell that to Jay without it sounding suspicious.

"Actually, Uncle Jay, Jacob's coming over after his parol, which ends in twenty minutes, so there's no need for me to come with you and distract you all day," the brunette girl replied sweetly as she watched his face scrunch up in debate whether to believe her or not.

But luck seemed to be on her side that morning as Jay soon left to work with a promise to be home as quickly as possible and for her to text him every ten minutes to make sure she was okay and inside the house at all times.

Something which Mia quickly broke her promise too as once she had changed into a cute outfit and made herself presentable, she was soon locking the back door to the small home and making her way through the forest to the place where she had told Embry to meet. She did feel slightly vulnerable walking past the tall trees that surrounded her with the rabid vampire out there, but she had taken the more populated hiking trail and was quick to occupy her mind with other things than her possible impending death.

But her thoughts were soon interrupted once she spotted them. The two large, tall wolves stalked towards her. Any other human would be petrified of the humungous beasts, but Mia only smiled brightly as she could recognise the Lahote boys wolf anywhere, and the slightly taller one beside it had the same kind eyes which seemed to seize her dreams.

Quickly turning around to cover her eyes, it was only a few seconds before she heard the cracks of bones and zipping up of shorts. But before she could even remove her hands from her face, 'big brother' Paul was in full mode and already punishing the girl for being in the forest by herself.

"You shouldn't be out here alone. It's dangerous!" He boomed as he felt his blood boil slightly.

"No, it's not! I saw at least five people on the way over here, I really doubt Laurent would try anything whilst Mrs Delgado is out walking her dog, you know how she gossips, and I was meeting Embry to hang out anyway, so I'd be safe!" Mia babbled on as she subtly tried to check out the other shirtless teen who had yet said anything to the girl.

But as cheesy as it sounds, the Call boy was in a state of bliss once he had spotted the short teen as she had scrubbed up well for their date. His eyes were particularly on her naked legs, which a short denim skirt partly covered, and he usually wouldn't be so hormonal, but his wolf had been in an incredibly sensual mood that day, and he just couldn't help it - something which the other wolf didn't seem to like as he saw her as his sister.

"God Embry! Would you stop eye-screwing her and say something! You out of everyone should be the most concerned about her and her safety!" Paul yelled as he shoved the frozen boy lightly to get him out of his daydream.

The statement confused the brunette girl, but before she could ask, the two wolves had gotten into a small dispute that puzzled her even more as she felt like she was missing out on something big.

"We're not doing this, Paul, not yet!" Embry growled out once Paul had made it blindly obvious yet again that the girl meant more to the Call boy than just a crush.

However, Paul was never good at keeping secrets - and his temper at bay - so he honestly thought what he was doing was in the best interest of Mia's safety, and if there's one thing wolves did, it was protecting their own. But what he said next changed the two teens' life forever.

"Goddamit Mia! You're his imprint."

o. 𝐧𝐨 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞.