"nineteen"

❛ furious friends and rabid redheads. ❜

𝐉𝐚𝐜𝐨𝐛 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞, 𝐮𝐧𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐲 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞

𝐉𝐚𝐜𝐨𝐛 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞, 𝐮𝐧𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐲 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞. After he had caught two of his best friends kissing, the boy shifted in a fit of rage before running it off in the nearby woods for a couple of hours, something which broke his promise to the teen he assured he was staying over at.

Embry had seen the boy at the back of her house after waiting a while, and just like any normal being assumed Jacob had used the back door which soon prompted him to head home himself as he thought his imprint was safe. Something which left Mia sat there, scared, shaking slightly and unable to sleep until the early hours of the morning. She debated calling the other pack members to keep her company.

Still, She ultimately went against the idea as she didn't want to get Jacob into any trouble, especially with a rabid vampire running loose around the forests that surrounded her house.

It was around four a.m when she heard the creak of the door. Already on high alert from being left alone, Mia was quick to jump up from where she lay on her bed, a random tv show playing quietly in the background to help keep her mind off the murderous supernatural being.

The brunettes blood ran cold at the creak of the floorboards on the stairs that slowly got closer to her room. Panicking, she immediately grabbed the heaviest thing she could find - not that a book was going to be much help if it was Victoria. However, the teen still launched the novel once her door opened, luckily hitting the mystery person right in the crotch.

"What the fu-" The intruder started before being instantly cut off by an angry-looking Mia.

"Jacob? What the hell was that? I've been calling you. I left voicemails - where were you?" The girl harshly spoke out as she watched her best friend bend over slightly in pain. The boy took a few moments to regain his posture at the attack, but once looking up at the girl, she finally noticed the dark expression that graced his features.

"What the hell have I done? What about what you've done! God, I don't know why the hell I even try with you anymore." Jacob replied as his voice raised a notch.

Mia was utterly confused about what she had done, as even though the two fought regularly, it never meant anything and was always over something stupid, but this time, it felt real.

"You promised me after that 'date' with Embry you were just friends! And then I find you kissing him. You know how important imprints are, and there you are, with your tongue down his throat. God, Mia, are you that desperate?" The boy spat out, almost instantly regretting what he had said by the way Mia's eyes shone with tears at his statement.

There was a pause of silence between the two. The grief Jacob felt showed heavily on his face. Deep down, he didn't mean what he said, but the rage at seeing his closest companions kiss mixed with the newfound anger his transition brought on just made him snap. But before he could go to apologise, Mia had already spoken up. 

"Look. You're angry with me, I know. But just because your precious Bella chose some bloodsucker over you doesn't give you the right to take it out on me! What I do in my spare time doesn't concern you, and it sure as hell doesn't give you the right to call me desperate!" The girl practically yelled in reply.

"Mia, I didn't mean that. I really didn't. But you know how important imprints are, especially after Wes-" Jacob carried on before being cut off - again.

"Don't you dare bring him into this." The girl seethed before pushing past the boy, seemingly having enough of the judgement from her friend. Mia stomped downstairs, an apologetic Jacob following her closely in hopes he could try and talk to the teen.

She walked straight up to the front door, swinging it wide open before standing to the side, waiting for the boy to leave as she didn't want to speak to him after his nasty words. Jacob stayed at his spot at the bottom of the stairs. Something which seemed to infuriate the girl as she quickly spun around to face the boy once again.

"You won't like the truth."

The statement caught the boy off guard. Seemingly losing his voice as the two didn't say anything for a few seconds. That was until Mia huffed out again, slowly turning round to sit on her porch, Jacob gradually following to sit beside the girl, his guilt now eating him alive.

"I was going to tell you. I really was. But it only just happened; it was so quick. We didn't mean for it to happen. I, I know how close you are to both of us and how you're going through things with Bella... But he's my imprint Jacob, Embry's my imprint." Mia quietly carried on as she looked at the tree line which was slowly becoming lighter with each passing minute.  

"Why didn't you tell me?" The werewolf replied, feeling like the worse friend in the world at the current moment.

"Because I knew you'd react like this! The only other people who know are Paul and Emily, and I didn't even plan on telling them. It's all so new Jacob, I don't even know how I feel about the whole situation. All I know is I like him. I like him a lot, and it scares me because I hardly know the boy!" Mia expressed as she felt the words just tumble out.

The tears that had fallen down her face had only recently stopped. The girls face felt puffy and wet as she went to wipe them away. She had never fought this badly with the boy, and especially after his mom's death, she knew how sensitive he was, especially when it revolved around relationships.

"Would it help if I said I was sorry?" Jacob eventually spoke up.

"It might." Mia almost inaudibly replied as she played with her fingers.

"I'm sorry." The wolf wholeheartedly expressed as he grabbed his best friend's hand in hopes she would forgive him for his outburst. But what she said in reply - broke his heart.

"It didn't."

o. 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮.