"three"

❛ disappearing acts and a deadly sweet tooth. ❜

𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞, 𝐌𝐢𝐚'𝐬 𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠, as Jacob Black had not shifted when she expected him too

𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞, 𝐌𝐢𝐚'𝐬 𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠, as Jacob Black had not shifted when she expected him too. His best friend Embry was the latest addition to join the Quileute pack, but as Mia had been too busy babysitting Jacob and catching up with her school work, the girl was yet to meet the new boy.

Her uncle had also been slightly reluctant to let the girl join in on their pack shenanigans with a newly turned werewolf, but once news spread that Bella Swan had gone missing in the woods, he couldn't stop his niece from joining him.

The two relatives sat quietly as they drove to the Swan residence as even if Mia wasn't entirely fond of the pale-faced girl, she knew how much Jacob cared about her, so she was quick to join in with the search party that Charlie had set up.

"So what exactly are you going to do if you find this Swan girl with a rabid vampire?" Jay unhappily asked his niece. The older man didn't want the girl anywhere near the woods at such a late hour, and he wouldn't have gone himself, but he was close friends with Chief Swan as because he worked in the hospital, he had many meetings with the cop.

"I know how to fight!" Mia argued as she punched the man beside her who's arm didn't even move at the contact.

"Where did you learn to fight?" Her uncle mumbled out as he pulled into where most of the town stood with their flashlights and maps.

"Have you ever been to a concert before?"

But before the uncle could reply, the girl had already stepped out of the parked car and wandered over to where Jacob stood next to Billy. The girl was quickly given a torch, and just as she was zipping up her coat, the boy beside her caught everyone's attention by changing their view from the map in front of them to the man that now carried the missing girl.

Sam Uley immediately passed the unconscious girl over to her father, and with a quick 'thank you', Charlie brought his daughter into the warmth of his house. Mia was keen to make her way over to the werewolf, but with a tug to her arm by Jacob, she soon turned to see what the worried boy wanted.

"What are you doing?" He demanded rather loudly as he looked at the girl's uncle in anger, who now walked towards the wolf who had just saved his crush.

"Sam already took Embry from me, and now you're going over to him after he gave me that look!" Jacob carried on as he, yet again, sent daggers to the shirtless man who was talking to Jay.

"What look?" Mia questioned as she tried to warm her hands up slightly from the cold weather hitting her hands.

"Like I'm next."

The girl was slightly speechless that he had caught on to the older man's stares that he gave Jacob whenever he saw him around the reserve. Still, before she could say anything to the boy, Jay was soon excusing the girl from the conversation and guiding her back to their car along with Sam.

The Uley household journey was a short one, and once they were there, Mia was quick to run into the house and give Emily an enormous hug as it had been weeks since she had last seen her due to being busy. The woman laughed as she had to slightly catch the energetic girl before quickly ushering the teen to sit down and grab a treat she had freshly baked.

The brunette watched in awe as Sam came in after the girl and grabbed Emily gently before placing a light kiss on her cheek. He then whispered something in her ear, and Mia was slightly annoyed she didn't know what, but once the two men she had come with left out the back door, she assumed it was to do with wolf business.

"Where are the boys?" The girl questioned with a mouth full of food which made Emily chuckle slightly, but alas, the rumbling laughter that was heard from outside the small house meant that the woman didn't have to say where the other pack members were.

Paul Lahote and Jared Cameron soon came racing into the small home while pushing and shoving each other playfully, but once the two saw the tiny girl stuffing her face, they quickly both had mischievous smiles on their faces. But before they could go and annoy or harass the girl they saw as a little sister, Emily promptly stepped forward and gave them stern looks.

"Where's Embry?" She questioned once the two boys had calmed down from their excitement of seeing Mia and quickly sat down, also shoving the delicious food in their mouth.

"His mom wanted him home for the night," Paul replied as he flicked Mia's hand away from where she went to grab the last muffin that sat on the plate in front of them.

In retaliation, Mia kicked the man under the table but was quick to get up from where she sat as she knew he had a short temper, and even he would never hurt her. The brunette knew Paul would torture her by tickling her like he always did.

But again, Emily was quick to the girl's rescue as she gently slapped the boy who had stood up with the kitchen towel she had previously used to put the hot plate onto the table.

"Where have you been the last few weeks? We've missed your ugly face!" Jared teased once they had all moved to the couches so they could catch up before Sam was back to barking orders at the wolfs.

Mia stuck her tongue out at the boy's comment, and she wished her uncle was there as the boy indeed would've gotten hit on the back of the head for the remark he had just made to his niece.

"I've been looking out for Jacob, not like you two who just stand and stare whenever you see him," She huffed out as she tucked her feet under her to try and get more comfortable.

"How did you two become friends?" Emily questioned once the duo of wolves had stopped grumbling under their breath about how they weren't allowed to say anything to Billy's boy.

"I accidentally punched him in the face, and he gave me a high five," Mia snorted out as she remembered the first time she met the boy who had snuck up on her at school and scared her while thinking she was someone else.

Quil had thought the ordeal was hilarious, but he was too shy to ever talk to the girl, and as Embry wasn't there to witness it, Jacob was the only one to become friends with the brunette. It helped that the girl's uncle was good friends with Billy, but Jay never wanted to push a friendship on the two, especially since she was already becoming extremely close with the wolves she grew up with.

But Mia wouldn't change any of it as she had such a strong bond with the group of men - and woman - who sat around her. She just wished it would never change.

o. 𝐧𝐨 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐧𝐨.