"ten"

❛ frustrating feelings and vacant virginities. ❜

𝐌𝐢𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐲𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐲

𝐌𝐢𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐲𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐲. She was thirteen when she had been invited to Ricky Winter's birthday bash along with Jacob; the two were ecstatic as the teen boy was in tenth grade, and they both felt extremely cool for hanging out with older kids - something which they soon came to regret.

Things started smoothly for the pair. They were both having fun and enjoying themselves, that was until Ricky decided to grab the shot glasses from his older sisters room along with his parent's hidden bottle of vodka.

The two younger teens had never had alcohol before, but with a few words of encouragement from some already drunk teens, they both decided it wouldn't do any harm. Oh, how they were wrong.

Jacob was eight shots deep when he decided it was a good idea to drag Mia into a game of spin the bottle that a small crowd of people had assembled. The girl felt it rooted within her stomach that it was a bad idea to join in on the game, but the adrenaline from drinking got the better of her, and soon enough, she was sat next to two random sophomores.

It felt like hours until the empty beer bottle landed on her, but once it did, she wished that Ricky Winter's ugly carpeted basement floor would swallow her up. As the person she would be losing her kissing virginity too, was no one other than Jacob, freaking, Black.

The pair decided never to speak about the embarrassing encounter again, and to this day, neither of them have brought up the kiss again. Mia didn't know whether it was the unfortunate situation that had put her off kissing, but whatever was rooted in her head that told her to kiss Embry disappeared as soon as it came.

The girl didn't even have time to look at the boy's facial expression as she leaned in as within seconds, she was standing up and pacing around to the same way she had come only minutes ago.

"We should probably get back before they send out a search party, trust me, it's happened before..." Mia awkwardly laughed as she looked intently at the trees above her as they were the most important thing in the world. Embry silently nodded at the girl before making his way through the forest back where they had come from.

The duo walked in silence to the clearing where she had met Jacob, as while Mia was cursing herself internally for being so stupid, all Embry could think about was how his imprint was so close to kissing him.

The wolf felt like it was in slow motion, her leaning in, the way their legs touched ever so slightly, but it finished before it even started, something that Embry was somewhat happy about as he wanted his first kiss with Mia to be special, not when she was over-emotional and angry.