"four"

❛ rush hour and unsettling comments. ❜

𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐚 𝐨𝐟 𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚 𝐒𝐰𝐚𝐧

𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐚 𝐨𝐟 𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚 𝐒𝐰𝐚𝐧. Mia had been keeping busy with school work and with other commitments. It seemed like everything had gone back to normal for the girl.

She had heard from brief conversations between Jay and Sam that the Cullens had left town late last year, which the girl blamed the quietness of La Push down too. Jacob had yet to shift, and as much as Mia enjoyed spending time with the boy, it was getting harder and harder to keep the secret of the supernatural from him, especially when he didn't want anything to do with the Uley 'clan' as he put it.

This meant the girl had to be sneaky when it came to meeting up with her other friends at Emily's house, but between hanging out with the boy, working at the local diner and homework, the visits to her favourite people had been limited anyway. But the pack understood the human's busy schedule, and each member tried to visit the girl whenever they could so she wouldn't feel as left out of everything that she seemed to be missing.

This had prompted her to make plans to see the wolves after her shift at the diner she worked at in Forks, and just as she was beginning to leave for the night, her manager quickly begged her to stay and help with the rush of people they had just gotten from the movie theatre next door. Mia wanted to say no, but when her boss offered to pay her double for the night, she soon texted Jay and put her dirty blue apron back around her waist.

Many people came and went over the next hour, and due to peoples orders and the chefs shouting running through the girls head, she didn't even notice the familiar face of Bella Swan walk in the door until she looked up from where she was going with her tables meals.

"Mia?" The brunette girl questioned once the waitress had gently placed their food on the table.

Her name's sudden call startled the girl slightly as she was only ever used to drunk older men reading her name tag when she worked, but once she realised that she knew the girl she served, the teen quickly regained her posture.

"Bella, hey!" Mia stated rather awkwardly as when the girl called her out on her paleness when the last time they had properly spoken. But, luckily, the girl Bella sat with quickly spoke up before the situation could get any more uncomfortable.

"Who's your friend Bella?"

The Swan girl soon introduced the two, and before Jessica could comment on how cute Mia's shoes were, the teen was whisked back into the kitchen to pick up another order.

Mia wanted to be polite and say goodbye to the girl she somewhat had a relationship with due to them both knowing Jacob, but once she had finally clocked out for the night and made her way through the diner, she saw that the table the duo of teens were previously at was now empty.

The girl wasn't too bothered that she had missed the other brunette, but she did feel awful that she had yet again bailed on meeting up with the pack, especially since she hadn't met the newest edition yet due to her current busy schedule.

The night above her had turned black, and it was nearing the time when Jay didn't want his niece walking down the road to get to her car on her own due to the motorcycle gangs that seemed to gather there at night. But before she could worry about the scolding she would surely get from her uncle because she walked down an alleyway alone without calling him, the familiar pale face of Bella Swan came into her sight.

Jessica stood there almost shouting at her friend who had just gotten off a random strangers bike, which quickly made Mia jog over to defuse the situation hopefully.

"Hey Bella, do you want a ride home? We can catch up on things..." The girl quickly babbled out as she noticed the Swan girl's dazed look on her face, something which wasn't going to be fixed with someone shouting at her.

Thankfully, her friend happily left Bella to get into the brunettes car, and without another word between the two, they were soon on the way back to the Swan household. The silence which filled the car was almost deathly, and Mia soon regretted lying to Jessica into getting Bella out of trouble as she hardly knew the girl, but she couldn't seem to get the girls wide-eyed face out of her head, so she soon spoke up.

"Are you okay?"

"Why do you ask?" Bella quietly asked as she finally looked over to the girl who drove her home.

"Because you're wearing two different shoes," Mia pointed out as they eventually pulled into the girl's driveway. At that moment, Bella noticed the two different colours her converse were, and for some reason, the comment from the girl made her want to carry on the conversation of her well-being.

"I just, I wanted to feel something other than sadness. And when I was on that motorbike, I did," The Swan girl mumbled out as she played with her hands slightly while making no eye contact whatsoever.

Mia sighed slightly as she knew all about the girl's breakup with Edward through Billy, and even if the girl beside her didn't know that, the teen had been through heartbreak before, so she did sympathise with the girl.

This made her speak out, something she would've never asked the very awkward teenager, especially if she knew what was going on inside Bella's head.

"Fears what keeps you grounded, and if it's the feeling of adrenaline you want, why don't you hang out with Jacob and me tomorrow? We're trying out his new bikes."

o. 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐨 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐬.