"twenty three"

❛ hangry hangovers and cosy cuddles. ❜

"𝐌𝐢𝐚, 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫

"𝐌𝐢𝐚, 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐠𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫. 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐝𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠."

The teen girl scoffed at her uncle's statement once he had opened the front door. It was the morning after her drunken night with Jacob, and the girl felt like a hammer had been hit against her skull multiple times.

Choosing to ignore Jay's comment and laughing, which soon followed, Mia flopped onto the couch, letting out a dramatic groan as she did so. She ended up crashing on Jacobs's shed floor, both too intoxicated to move into the warmth of his home. It was only when Billy realised the kids were in there that he woke them up by playing the radio the highest it would go.

Mia didn't know why she ended up drinking so much. But she was now back on speaking terms with her best friend, so she wasn't too upset with her raging headache.

"You need some water?" Jay questioned after a few seconds of humorously looking over his niece, who had now smothered her face into a couch cushion.

"No, I was thinking of drinking my own sweat, just for the challenge of it- Yes, I would like some water. Stupid."

There were a couple of seconds of silence between the two relatives before the young girl grumbled a small 'sorry'. She didn't mean to be cranky with the older Kahele, but she was never good when hungover, as she could feel her stomach growl at the emptiness, which she blamed on the fact that Jacob had no food in his house.

That reason alone was enough for the girl to make the short journey home, even if it meant her uncle would see she had been drinking. At first, Jay used to be strict with the girl. She was his responsibility, and he had promised his brother he would look after her like his life depended on it. But after a couple of months of being the girl's legal guardian, Jay realised he couldn't control the wild girl as much as he wanted.

This soon prompted him to grab the girl a bottle of water and throw a frozen pizza in the oven before heading off to work. Jay could soon hear the background noise of a movie playing, so the doctor returned to work with a final goodbye, and a kiss pressed to the top of her head.

A couple of hours had passed since the girl had been left alone. Having fallen in and out of napping between snacking on the pizza Jay had made, the girl felt much better from when she woke up that morning. She had even had enough energy to shower, which she sat down in once the warm water hit her body.

Slipping into something comfortable, Mia now lounged on her bed, texting between Kim and Jacob, both about the Call boy who seemed to always fill her head these days. It was the sudden sound of someone coming through her bedroom window which made her drop her phone to her stomach.

"You know my house has a door? You don't always have to use the window." The girl giggled once she had caught sight of the tall boy's strong arms and dark hair, who now shut the window behind him. Embry smiled sheepishly at the girl who still lay down and quickly sat on the desk chair in the corner of the small room.

"I missed you." The werewolf gently replied as he felt his face heat up slightly. Mia smiled brightly at the boys reddening complexion and quickly patted the spot next to her on her small double bed.

It was a tight squeeze for the two, Embry practically hanging off the side, but he didn't seem to mind. Cradling the back of the girl's head as his other hand hung tightly around her waist, the boy was almost protecting Mia, arms guarding his imprint with his life.

Placing her head against the boy's chest, the girl listened intently to the beat of his heart. And she was quick to trace the outline of his tribal tattoo that inked his arm. The two were content in each other's arms, just in silence together. And if someone had walked in, you wouldn't have been able to tell where Mia's limbs started and Embry's end due to how their legs now intertwined.

The girl enjoyed the small moments she could now have with the boy. Having become extremely fond of him since all those weeks ago when the thought of a soulmate scared her tremendously. The idea of someone being there for her wherever and whenever settled nicely in the girl's stomach. But before she could voice these thoughts, another noise made itself present.

Mia's stomach grumbled loudly. And for such a small girl, the girl's appetite was large. Embry placed a warm hand on the girl's clothed stomach, laughing as she tried to push him away in embarrassment.

"Want to order something? Or head to the pack house, Emily's cooking dinner for everyone." The werewolf tenderly asked, not wanting to move, but he had just come off border patrol and was starving himself.

"Or, I could stay in bed, and you can make me dinner. And if you don't, I'll call your mom, and I bet she'll come over here, yell at you, and cook me something." Mia teased as she knew how hard the boy's mom made sure he was an excellent kid, always treating women right.

But it seemed as if the joke went straight over the teen boy's head as he quickly sat up against the headboard with a large sigh. Sitting up quickly, Mia moved so she faced the boy whose mood had gone from comfortable and cosy to anxious in a matter of seconds.

"Talk to me." The girl gently asked, placing her small hand atop of the werewolf's larger one. He looked like a work of art sitting there; hair flopped gently over his forehead, dark eyes shining with anticipation as to what to say next.

"I saw my mom last night, and she, she, um, wants to meet you?" Embry almost whispered the last part. Even though he and his mom had drifted apart slightly since he shifted, he couldn't help but let slip he had been seeing the girl over the last few weeks. But it was only when he came home the previous night with a large grin as he read the drunken text from his imprint that his mother almost demanded she meets the girl that was making her son so happy.

There was a pause of silence between the duo. Both were waiting for the other to say something, anything. But alas, it had been Embry to ask the question, so it was the girl's turn to speak up.

"Um, yeah, sure, I mean, I can't be held accountable for what I say in front of her because you know I talk too much when I get nervous, but sure, I mean-" The girls rambling was cut off with a kiss to her lips, something which brought a bright smile to both teens lips as they knew it was the only way to shut the nervous girl up.

"How about dinner at mine tomorrow? Nothing serious. My moms got the night off, and I, I'd like you to meet her; she means a lot to me, just like you."

Mia's heart swooned at the boy's confession. And she was actually grateful for Bella Swan's disappearance to Italy as the girl felt normal for the first time in the last few months. Finally, finally, she felt like a normal teenage girl.

o. 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐨𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲.