"two"

❛ death glares and ethnicity claims. ❜

𝐌𝐢𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐞𝐭 𝐚 𝐯𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞

𝐌𝐢𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐞𝐭 𝐚 𝐯𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞. Just like when she first saw her father shift, seeing the creature in the flesh had made goosebumps cover her body.

It was under Billy Black's instructions that the girl had accompanied Jacob on yet another outing out of the reserve. This was because as the teen knew about the supernatural and the Quileute Tribe, the man was rather anxious to let his next in line out of his sight when he could shift at any moment. Especially while hanging around the girl who ran with the vampires.

Mia had happily agreed to escort the boy whom she had been close friends with ever since she moved to the small town of La Push. And even if she didn't like it whenever Jacob loudly complained about her good friends Sam and Paul - she understood his frustrations with the gang which roamed the forest.

Along with the pack and her uncle being apart if the wolf community, Mia knew the clear signs of when someone would shift, which made her the perfect person to join the boy when he went to meet the Swan girl. The teen felt slightly uneasy as she got out of her truck and watched her friend walk towards the pale-faced girl and who she assumed was her boyfriend by the way they were previously kissing.

But once he had stopped and hugged said girl, Mia's uneasiness turned to anxiety as Billy had notified her that Bella Swan's boyfriend was called Edward Cullen - one of the most notorious vampires that lived in the area. This quickly made the brunette step away from where she was leaning and immediately waltz over to the duo who stood just outside Forks High School.

She didn't once look at the vampire who stood just behind them as she had been told multiple stories of their kind, which weren't in their favour. Luckily, before the dark-haired girl had fully gotten over to the two, she had noticed the large 'PHX - Arizona' bumper sticker on the truck she had seen Bella step out of a few minutes ago. This helped her slightly as she wasn't ultimately going to make a fool of herself when she had nothing to speak about.

"I wouldn't put you down as an Arizona girl, you know, with your complexion and all?" Mia commented once she had stepped beside her friend and made eye contact with the pale girl. Bella only awkwardly laughed as she slightly looked over the 5'4 teen before mumbling out a quiet 'yeah' to the unknown girl who had gently touched her arms with Jacob.

"Bella, this is my friend Mia. And ignore her. She's Puerto Rican, Portuguese and Native Hawaiian, so tanned skin runs in her blood," Jacob sarcastically stated as he nudged the girl beside him at her slightly snarky remark she had made on Bella's lack of colour.

"Anyway, it was good seeing you," The boy quickly finished as he noticed the glares Edward was giving him, and unknown to him, also Mia.

Bella and Jacob quickly hugged before the later of the two dragged the Kahele girl away from the school and into her car.

"Was that comment really necessary?" Jacob groaned out as he watched his crush and her boyfriend walk hand in hand into school.

Mia only sighed at the boy as she couldn't wait for him to fully know the world of the supernatural and understand that the girl he was crushing on was trouble - she just didn't expect it to be so problematic.

o. 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐢'𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐫𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐟𝐭 𝐬𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐦.