"twelve"

❛ erratic emotions and shy smiles. ❜

𝐏𝐚𝐮𝐥 𝐋𝐚𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐩𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐄𝐦𝐛𝐫𝐲 𝐬𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐌𝐢𝐚

𝐏𝐚𝐮𝐥 𝐋𝐚𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐩𝐮𝐧𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐄𝐦𝐛𝐫𝐲 𝐬𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐌𝐢𝐚. The younger of the two wolves instantly stumbled back in immense shock at being hit by one of his pack mates, but instead of anger that filled his veins - it was confusion.

He didn't expect Paul to react in such a way and quickly made his thoughts clear as he wiped away the blood pouring from his already healing nose.

"What the hell was that for!" The Call boy spat out while trying to keep his voice down as the pack were just a few metres away inside Emily and Sam's house.

"That was for imprinting on someone I see as a little sister, and this, this is for not telling me sooner!" Paul growled out before harshly slapping the boy around the head again. The two carried on their small dispute before coming to an abrupt stop once they heard the door swing open, revealing the one person they were just bickering about.

Mia stood there with mascara running down her cheeks, which hid the bright red colour that tinted her skin. She had calmed down considerably since her encounter with Laurent as Sam had already sent a few of the boys to patrol the Swan house.

"What's going on?" The small girl asked once she noticed the blood which dripped down the boys face, but before the two could reply, a loud screeching car came to a halt just beside them.

A frantic looking Jay was quick to make his way out of the vehicle and rush over to his niece, who he immediately pulled into a tight hug followed by a kiss to the top of her head. The teen rolled her eyes slightly once Jay began to baby her over the fact that she had come into contact with a vampire that could've easily ripped her head off.

But Mia didn't want to think about what had just happened and was quick to push the man off her gently as all she wanted to do was go home and sleep - something which Jay was fast to comply too as he swiftly guided her to his car.

The brunette avoided eye contact with the two boys who were previously fighting as she got into the passenger side as even though she had cried many times in front of the pack, something about Embry seeing her upset didn't sit right with her. The ride back to the Kahele household was a quiet one. Sam had explained what had happened in the diner on the phone to the older man, which Mia was immensely glad about as she didn't feel like going over the details for what seemed like the hundredth time.

Luckily the drive was also a short one as once inside the warmth of their small home; the girl didn't hesitate shooting upstairs to change out of her work uniform and into a pair of shorts and an oversized t-shirt she had stolen from one of the boys.

Now ready for bed, Mia was just about to sleep away her trauma but was soon stopped by the figure she saw in the corner of her eye that lurked outside her window. However, before she could scream bloody murder, the mop of brown hair and their tall stance gave away their identity quickly.

Embry Call paced back and forth in front of the teen's house. She couldn't help but giggle slightly at the way he was somewhat talking to himself as if he was in an internal dilemma with whether or not to approach her front door. But after a few seconds of admiring him, Mia decided that she would have to talk to the boy she had avoided all night at some point.

"Are you just going to keep walking by my house, or are you going to come inside?" Mia softly yelled as she stuck half her body out of her window in hopes that her uncle wouldn't hear from down the hall.

The tanned boy looked up in shock that he had caught treading in front of the girl's house but soon composed himself and nodded his head in response to her question.

"Okay, I'll just unlock-" Mia started, but before she could finish her sentence, the boy now stood in front of her after using his heightened abilities to jump elegantly up through the girl's bedroom window.

Something which seemed to shock both of them as once Embry realised it was his imprints bedroom and not an upstairs hallway like he thought it was, he profoundly began to apologise and stumble around the room to try and leave he didn't want to invade her personal space. But a hand wrapping around his upper arm stopped him from stumbling around the small room.

"Embry, honestly, it's okay, your not the first boy I've had in my bedroom. I just don't want Jay knowing you're here. He'd take it the wrong way," Mia tried to explain, but she swore she heard the boy growl out once she mentioned other men being in her room.

"I, uh, I just wanted to make sure you were okay, Sam told me about earlier," The Call boy finally said after he had covered the small ounce of jealously he had let out with a cough. Mia smiled at the boys kind gesture as even though the other wolves had texted her to make sure she was okay, him coming all this way to see her in person made her feel all warm inside.

"I still feel slightly shaken up, but better knowing that Bella's safe," Mia confessed as she couldn't bring herself to lie and say that she was wonderful to the boy with concern in his eyes.

"Well, if it makes you feel any better, I promise that I won't let anyone like Laurent near you ever again, and that's a scouts honour," Embry stated thoughtfully as he intertwined his slightly shaking hand around the girls who was stood in front of him.

"Has anyone ever told you just how adorable you are Embry Call? Because you really are," Mia giggled out to the boy's cute comment about his promise. A small silence overtook the two, but unlike other times, instead of awkward - it was nice, just being in each others company, the girl felt safe around the wolf, something she was desperate for after what had happened earlier that night.

It was when the boy slowly began to move his thumb over hers that she finally looked away from his face as even though she wished she could stare at him all day, Mia knew Jay was going to check up on her before he went to bed. So instead of waiting to be interrupted, she quickly asked a question she hoped she wouldn't come to regret.

"Do you wanna hang out tomorrow, but like, just me and you? No Jacob throwing tantrums or Paul losing his temper, I also promise not to run off like last time," Mia shyly asked as she remembered back to the time when they almost kissed.

The boy almost pulled a muscle by the way he nodded his head to quickly. But he was just too excited to spend some quality time with his imprint and not be interrupted by an angry pack member, so he didn't care if he looked a smiling fool saying yes.

"Good. I'll. I'll text you," Mia stuttered out as she tried to hide her smile, unlike the boy in front of her. It was only when the girl began to move that Embry finally broke his smile, but it soon seemed like a permanent feature on his face once Mia leaned up and pressed her slightly chapped lips against his cheek.

"Goodbye until tomorrow, Em."

o. 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐥𝐚𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞.