15

Felix woke up in a bed that wasn't his own, but without the normal post-drinking headache he usually had. What was a little more concerning was that he wasn't in Tyler's bed either, he actually wasn't in anyone's bed that he recognized as one of his friends. He saw a flash of Vicki behind his eyes and his breathing began to pick up. Where was he?

"Morning sleeping beauty," Damon's voice echoed through the bedroom, the blue eyes vampire sitting not too far away on a leather chair, a book, Eclipse by the looks of it, propped up on his knees as he dragged his attention away from it to stare down Felix.

"What the hell am I doing here?" Felix asked, moving into a sitting position, trying his best to calm his breathing, Damon was looking at him impassively and it didn't seem as though he was going to make a move towards the psychic, "What happened last night?"

"You hit your head. It was pretty bad, so I gave you some of my blood," Damon said as a matter of factly. Felix felt his body tense, "Don't worry, it should be out of your system in a few hours, so as long as you don't die during that time you'll be fine."

"Why would you give me your blood?" Felix asked, his hand feeling the back of his head trying to find any evidence of the fall that had apparently required vampire blood to heal.

"You were hurt and I need you alive," Damon said, "You're how I'm going to make sure I keep everyone in check. My own little spy." For some reason Felix didn't believe him, the vampire didn't sound as threatening as he usually did. "I'll give you a ride home," Damon said after a moment and Felix's frown deepened.

"I'll just call an Uber," he said instead, pulling out his phone, his eyes staying trained on the vampire who only shrugged in response.

"Whatever, suit yourself. Oh, one more thing," Damon stood up suddenly. He was standing over Felix in a second and it took everything in the teen's power not to flinch away. "The vervain is out of your system, so I want you to do me a favour," Felix's whole body tensed up as ice blue eyes met his own darker ones, "Go back to wearing that vervain bracelet if it'll make you feel safe, but if I ask you to take it off, you'll do it, okay?" A fog crept into Felix's head and the teen found himself nodding along with what the vampire was saying before his phone began to buzz and Damon was back across the room.

"I, uh, have to go," Felix muttered, shaking his head slightly trying to clear the fog of compulsion from it. His eyes furrowing slightly as he glanced at Damon who just grinned at him. "I really hope I don't see you again any time soon," Felix added just in case the vampire thought they were getting too chummy. It had been far too long of a day, or yesterday had been and Felix just wanted to go home and sleep the day off.

Damon watched as Felix half stumbled out of his room, the boy feeling out of it as he made his way down the stairs, his head quiet for once. When had his life turned into this? He desperately wished he could go back to just partying and sleeping around and drinking alcohol and not vampire blood. The thought of the vampire blood running through his system made him shiver, what was worse was that his memories of that were hazy at best proving how bad the hit to his head had been and that Damon had probably saved him. Felix in no way liked the idea of owing Damon his life.

"Felix! I am throwing a party tonight and I would love it if you would come!" Felix groaned dramatically into the phone, his weekend had been going surprisingly well, no Damon, no Stefan, no death, sure there were a few nightmares here and there, but it was going well.

"Care, I'm not sure if I'm feeling a party tonight," he said, sitting on his kitchen counter. He had been baking cookies before his friend so rudely interrupted him. Felix knew that despite his dramatics he would be going to the said party because, well, Caroline was asking him to and he loved her.