16

Felix had woken up alone in his bed, a headache quickly blossoming only to be worsened by the loud ringing of his alarm. Checking his phone he was greeted by a text from Caroline saying he was expected to come for dinner either tonight or tomorrow. Now the teen didn't remember much from the night before, or anything really, but if Sheriff Forbes was inviting him over for dinner he truly believed that it was in his best interest to delay that conversation for as long as possible. He told Caroline that and then started to get ready for the day.

The teen couldn't quite figure out how he got back home, but at this point he was assuming his blonde friend's mom had driven him home. Dragging himself to his kitchen Felix was quickly disappointed to find that he was out of milk and thus didn't have anything to put his lucky charms in.

Felix decided this was going to be a terrible and very unlucky day.

"Have you even talked to Bonnie?" Elena asked, her brown eyes flicking over to where Caroline was silently handing Felix two advils. Felix looked like death warmed over and was incredibly envious of his friend's ability to look perfect when hungover.

"No. I'm mad at her. She needs to make the first move," Caroline responded back, smiling brightly at Felix when he mumbled his thanks. It seems that Caroline and Bonnie were now fighting and Felix had become determined not to say anything about it.

"Be the bigger person," Elena said.

"Impossible in her presence," Caroline said back, sighing.

"Why are you so pissed at her, anyway?" Elena asked, Felix could hear the bias in her voice. Elena despite any of her claims of not picking a side had already chosen Bonnie's side, a fact that irked him to no end especially considering she knew that Caroline was being compelled.

"She's a thief that's why. I gave her my necklace, and she refuses to give it back. It's a matter of principle."

"All right.Well, I tried. I'm officially out of it." Felix doubted that.

"Good. Your turn," Caroline said, shooting a grin towards the brunette. "Where's Stefan? Have you talked to him?"

"He's avoiding me."

"Why?" Elena and Felix's eyes caught each other.

"It's complicated," Elena answered, the bell saving her from elaborating as Caroline pulled away. She shot Felix a curious look to which he shrugged in response. "Can I talk to you?" She asked, grabbing the other teen's arm before he could follow after Caroline. He felt something bitter fill his mouth, the taste causing the teen to pull his arm away from her as a reflex.

"Yeah? I guess," Felix remembered watching Stefan leave the bar and the overwhelming, drowning all consuming of the vampire's fear, and he could still see Lexi's face when the stake stabbed into her.

"Did you know what Damon was going to do? He killed her, you know?" Elena's brown eyes bore into his own.

His own words felt ashy when he replied, "No." He didn't look away from her as he said it, "I had only just saw it when Stefan approached me. I'm sorry that she died. It was-" he shuddered.

"You saw her die?" Felix nodded once, his eyes quickly scanning around them, relieved when there was no vampire in sight.

"We've got to get to class, Elena" he said after a second, already turning and walking towards their history class. Stefan wasn't in the classroom when they arrived and neither was Bonnie. The witch walking in right before the class was scheduled to start. She looked off and tired. A slightly older man walked in a few seconds after, immediately going and writing on the board. Felix assumed he was another sub for Coach Tanner who had died a few days prior. "A-L-A-R-I-C S-A-L-T-Z-M-A-N" he spelled out.