05

we've got all the time in the world

Something was wrong. Felix didn't remember driving home that morning and yet he was sitting in his car in front of his house. He also didn't remember leaving the party, and based on the wide verity of concerned texts on his phone nobody saw him leave. There was one very concerning text from Matt saying Vicki was in the hospital, wild animal, apparently. Felix had been sure that something bad was going to happen, part of him knowing that what killed Vicki Donavan wasn't a wild animal. It was a... 

He knew what it was. He was sure about that. 

"Felix Benjamin Rhodes! Get your ass out of that car!" His mom's voice pulled him from his musings as he saw her standing directly in front of his car looking pissed. It was with a reluctant sigh that Felix got out of the car, wincing slightly as he moved, although he couldn't remember how he had hurt himself. He felt like he had been thrown into a wall or something. "Where the hell were you?" she yelled, there was something off about her as she said that, there almost seemed to be a glow of light blue energy around her as she grabbed onto her son's arm. 

"I- I spent the night at Caroline's," he said almost immediately, a slight pain blossoming in his head when he had first struggled to answer the question. 

"No, you didn't," she insisted and then Felix's vision was overtaken. 

"Hello, brother,"  Damon said, his eyes trained on the younger vampire who was currently holding a shaking looking, Felix. It was strange to see himself standing in front of him, but his mother's grip on his arm kept him grounded. 

"When'd you get here? What are you trying to accomplish by bringing Felix here, you already hurt Vicki," Stefan asked, his hand still steadying the nervous-looking Felix.  

"Well, I couldn't miss your first day at school. And Felix here just looked so damn appetizing," Damon smirked, moving away from the pair and now leaning against some bookshelf, "Your hair's different. I like it." 

"It's been 15 years, Damon," Stefan said, hand still curled protectively around the blond teen. 

"Thank God. I couldn't take another day of the nineties," Damon groaned, "that horrible grunge look. It did not suit you," Damon teased, Felix could see himself growing more uncomfortable just from being in the same room as the two vampires, he was already shifting slightly trying to pull away from Stefan, "Remember, Stefan, it's important to stay away from fads." 

"Why are you here?" Stefan demanded. 

"I miss my little brother," Damon answered without missing a beat, however his eyes landed on Felix for a brief moment and narrowed. He knew the real reason the vampire was here. Katherine. 

"You hate small towns. It's boring. There's nothing for you to do," Stefan countered, his grip finally having lessened on the other teen. Only for Damon to speed over and grab Felix, a small undignified yelp coming from his mouth. 

"I've been managing to keep myself busy," he smirked, his hand holding the human by the neck as Damon basically devoured him with his eyes. Felix was suddenly feeling very uncomfortable with the fact that his mom was seeing this display. 

"You know, you left that girl alive tonight. Not to mention what are you planning on doing with him?" Stefan countered, moving forward slightly in the hopes of getting the other teen back, "That's very clumsy of you."