07

It doesn't snow in Florida. There was nothing but heat and the bogginess of the Everglades. Mangroves trapping them in.

The powerful trees protected the land from the yearly hurricanes that threatened to ravage the coastline but also served to make Felix feel incredibly trapped.

The witch, whose name he was told(compelled) not to remember, had all but ordered him to stay out of the small, dark house she lived in. He asked if he needed to worry about alligators, and she just laughed and gave him a bottle of unnamed liquor. He decided he liked her for that.

The psychic's vision was finally returning, and he was more than excited for the vampire blood to be washed from his system; he wanted to check on Mystic Falls.

The liquor was cool going down his throat, burning it slightly in a way that made him grin into the dense making of mangroves. He felt like a cat lying in the sun. He was reasonably sure he could hear Klaus whispering to the witch, but he promisedcompelled he wouldn't listen in. Strange, considering how nosy Felix usually was.

Oh well, at least there was booze.

There was a howl in the distance. Felix frowned in its direction, his eyes squinting slightly as the world seemed to shift slightly, the mangroves stretching up into pines, and the porch he was sitting on shifting into steps.

Huh, Felix's slightly drunk mind thought as he stared at the sudden new change. "Felix!" Tyler screamed, forcing the confusion from the teen as he stood up and walked towards the forest where is boyfr-his ex-his boyfriend was screaming for him. Tyler's voice sounded off, the tone not quite right, but breaking as it screamed his name again.

"Tyler!" Felix called, descending into the darkness of the woods. The ground slipped out from under Felix, and for a moment he was floating, then falling, crashing into a dark room, chains clanging roughly on the walls.

"Felix," Tyler's voice broke as the teen was huddled in the corner, claws tearing through his skin, as another broken scream echoed in the room.

"Oh fuck, Tyler," the psychic muttered, moving towards the boy, whose blood was beginning to create a pool underneath him.

"Fuck, it hurts," Tyler screamed, eyes yellow as they stared right through Felix, before shutting closed violently. "Help me please. Felix, where are you?" his voice sounded rough, shifting slightly as his claws dug further into his skin, dark black fur being ripped into the deep grooves.

"Tyler, I'm so sorry," Felix muttered, crouching next to the boy, tears gathering in his eyes as he watched his best friend rip into himself.

Felix was pretty sure this had already happened, or maybe was about to, but either way the psychic knew that he could offer the newly changing werewolf no comfort. Bile rose in Felix throat as he watched Tyler's clawed hands rip into his own face, his skull splitting as his whole body shifted, the head of a wolf breaking through the now destroyed face, its whole body shaking off its human skin, bone snapping to accommodate its new form.

"Holy shit," Felix was pretty sure he was throwing up on the witch's porch now, but couldn't bring himself out of this vision as the wolf cried out in front of him, whimpering as it's bones continued to break and reform, before he suddenly fell silent, lying in a pool of its own blood and human flesh.

"Save me, Felix. This hurts," the wolf whispered in his head. It's voice Tyler's but with a slightly deeper edge, a wild rage underneath its usual cadence.