07

a game without rules

Felix's entire world froze when Damon spoke those dreadful words that would lead to a series of unfortunate events. If only those responsible for his visions had the foresight to tell the young psychic what to do, instead his mind was carefully blank of unwanted and wanted visions. It was just him and Damon.

"I don't know how to help you," Felix said carefully. He was frozen in place, people moved around them oblivious to the altercation, Caroline laughed in the distance and Felix felt a strong urge to protect her at all costs. He didn't want this man to hurt her.

"Then we'll figure it out. How is it that you knew who Katherine was?" Damon asked, his cold blue eyes staring holes into Felix's own.

"I see things, I'm psychic, but it's hard to control it's more random. I saw her when you attacked me," he said, pausing to think it over, "It just takes a little concentration," he said, his eyes flickering over to where Caroline was standing with their friends. She didn't deserve to be hurt by this monster, or by anyone. Damon grinned at him, baring his teeth at the young teen.

"You have no idea how much help you're going to be, kid," Damon said, slapping his back, causing the boy to stumble forward slightly. The vampire's eyes locked on someone behind them, his grin growing even more, "In fact, you're going to help me right now." Before the psychic could even flinch he was standing alone on the roof of a nearby building, wobbling slightly at the sudden change in scenery.

"This is bullshit,"he muttered under his breath, glancing around the roof for Damon only to be left empty handed. Luckily, Felix still had his drink, so deciding that shit was getting slightly too real for him, he took another sip. Part of him wished he could feel the alcohols burning sensation as it hit his throat, but that would have made it harder to drink.

"No!" A shout suddenly came, Vicki Donavan stood teetering at the edge of the building, Damon being the only thing stopping her from falling. "No, please. Felix, help!" She yelled, her wide, teary eyes catching Felix's wide ones. He started to stand, hoping to stop whatever the vampire was trying to do only to receive a "tsk" from Damon.

"I wouldn't do that, Felix. I wouldn't want poor Caroline to get hurt because you wanted to play hero," he chided, throwing the psychic an all too charismatic wink, before silencing Vicki's yells with his hand. Stefan appeared out of nowhere next, glancing quickly at Felix before training his eyes on Damon.

"No bad. Have you been eating bunnies?" Damon teased, his voice mocking as Stefan took a few steps closer.

"Let her go," Stefan responded, his voice firm. They were quite the contrast, the two brothers.

"Really? Okay?" Damon said, shrugging slightly as he began to push Vicki off the building, the young girl screams starting up, at the same time Stefan yelled for him to stop. "Relax, I don't need her dead, but you might," Damon shrugged, throwing Vicki towards Stefan, who didn't even move to catch her, already taking a few steps towards them. "I mean, look at Felix, it has only been a couple hours since you tried to compel him, and he remembers everything. Isn't that right, buddy, even got himself some vervain." Stefan's eyes focused back on Felix, who was standing stiffly a few feet away, part of him wanting to run towards Vicki, but the other part worried about what Damon might do to Caroline if he did.

"What attacked you the other night?" Damon asked, looking down at the terrified teen.

"I- I don't know. An animal," She didn't sound very sure.

"Are you sure about that? Think. Think about it. Think really hard," Damon said, crouching down to her level, Vicko's eyebrows furrowed and Felix could tell the moment she realized what had actually happened, the moment she remembered. "What attacked you?"