03

a figure in the woods

Felix woke up to the loud and stabbing sound of his alarm clock, there was a toned arm thrown over his bare chest. The sheets of the bed were all over the place, clothes scattered over the floor, and a small stream of light made its way through the thick blinds. 

"Jesus, turn that shit off, Rhodes," A low voice grumbled from behind the smaller blond. His voice muffled with sleep, his breath causing a small shiver to run down Felix's back as he spoke. 

"We gotta go to school, dumbass," he laughed, rolling over to capture the other boy's lips on his own. The kiss was brief and it was over as soon as it started, with Felix rolling out of the bed and turning off his alarm. Tyler looked beautiful lying in his bed, Felix thought, sending a grin towards the other boy, "I'm hoping in the shower," he started, holding up his hand at the smirk that was beginning to form on Tyler's face, "and no you are not invited. I have a test this morning and I know we will be late if I let you join me." Tyler rolled his eyes at the other boys back before flopping back into the bed. 

Felix sighed happily as the hot water hit his bare chest, it was the first night in a while that he had slept peacefully, another reason he liked having Tyler over, despite the occasional wolf dreams, he never had nightmares around the other teen. Whether that was because of the activities that preluded sleeping or just the company, Felix didn't care. 

Felix was fairly content in the shower, until there was a somewhat frantic knocking on his door, "What the hell, Ty?" he called sticking his head out of the shower where he was met with the sight of a mostly dressed Tyler Lockwood. 

"I forgot that I told Matt I would meet him before school started, so I got to go. I'll see you at school," the other teen said, taking a few steps to kiss the boy before leaving him in the shower, "don't forget about the party tonight!" 

Then as if Tyler leaving was the trigger, the sounds of screams echoed into Felix's head and his vision swam, the white tiles of the bathroom fading to darkness as he found himself standing in the woods. A tall and dark figure standing nearby his eyes trained on Felix, beneath him was the barely breathing body of Vicki Donavan. 

"Vicki?" Felix whispered, his breath leaving his body as if he had been punched in the gut. The figure in front of him titled his head, taking a few steps towards Felix. 

"Well, this is certainly interesting," the figure muttered, "oh well, can't have any witnesses," Felix watched as the man's blue eyes turned monstrous, much like the face his saw of Stefan in his vision. 

"Oh fuck no!" Felix yelled, his eyes flying open only for him to barely catch himself on the wall in his shower, his knees buckling under him before he finally slid down to the floor of the bathroom. His breathing was coming in quick and shallow bursts and he could feel his chest tightening, panic coursing through his body. "What the hell is happening," he muttered, his hands becoming tangled in his own hair as he desperately tried to calm himself down. Distantly he realized that the figure hadn't been Stefan, but he was sure that it was the same kind of monster as his new classmate. 

Felix was back in history. And once again they were talking about the history of Mystic Falls during the civil war. Reveting stuff... Mr. Tanner was an asshole and Felix has decided that he hates him and one day he prays Mr. Tanner will get what's coming to him. Was that a little too harsh? No, Felix decided it wasn't. 

"Mr. Rhodes, while I doubt you have been listening to a word that I've said, do you know the answer?" Mr. Tanner's voice cut through Felix's musings like the buzz of a mosquito or an insect of equal annoyance.