18

Felix didn't say anything as he sat in the passenger seat of the old convertible. The lights in his house signaling that his mom was home. To his credit, Damon didn't say anything as the teen sat hugging his knees, tears still in his eyes attempting to calm down his breathing.

"Want me to drive around some more?" the vampire asked after a minute, his blue eyes searching the teen carefully. He must have seen the small nod because just as quickly as they had arrived the car was pulling out of the driveway and driving back into the woods that surrounded them. "Do you want to talk about whatever happened?" Damon asked, there was something strange in his voice, but Felix couldn't really understand it. Tyler's face flashing into his eyes again, he was going to hit him, Tyler would have hit him. His childhood friend had always had anger issues, but never towards Felix. For some reason he had always thought he was exempt from that side of Tyler, that the other teen cared more for him than that. A small, broken laugh fell from his mouth, tears blurring his vision again as he stared out the window. Felix's hand clenched into a fist, he needed to get over himself.

A hand touching his arm forced him from his thoughts, concern and worry suddenly filling his senses. There was a strange look on the vampire's face and Felix could feel the warm concern and attempt of comfort. It pushed away his own panic and cold lingering sadness. "Can't you just make it go away?" he asked, his voice quiet in the soundless car. Damon's hand pulled away, taking the warmth of something other than sadness with it. Felix told himself that he didn't chase the retreating hand.

"I don't think you want me to compel you, Felix," Damon said, his eyes flickering over the teen's face, but never quite looking into his eyes. "It wouldn't help," he added.

Damon was a good-looking person, Felix knew that and when the vampire touched him he could feel the warmth and affection the vampire had for him and Felix felt so cold. He wanted that feeling, he needed it. "Then help me a different way," he muttered, looking up at the vampire who stiffened slightly.

"Felix, you don't- I don't think that's a good idea," Damon responded, his eyes finally meeting the teens. Tears were still falling from his face and almost without thinking Damon reached to whip them away. The warmth flooding back into Felix when his hand touched his face, he would be lying if he said he didn't lean into it, if he didn't melt into the touch, his body and mind screaming for this kind of affection. To keep Damon close in order to preserve it.

"Please," Felix whispered, he could see the vampire's resolve slowly crumbling. Damon shifted so he was facing the teen more clearly, blue eyes flicking up and down the younger man's body, lingering slightly on his lips before going back up to eyes.

"You don't want this," Damon muttered, his hand messing with the teen's hair, combing through it. Felix's eyes closed into the touch, into the unfamiliar feeling of care. "I'll drive you home now. Your mom should be asleep."

Felix didn't open his eyes. Damon didn't remove his hand from the psychic's face, fingers still combing through his hair in calming motions. The drive back was too short, but Felix felt a little steadier, a little more sure of himself before he was pulling himself out of the car.

"Sweet dreams, Felix. I hope they are filled with visions of me naked," the vampire said with a grin, the teasing tone back in his voice, but there was still concern in his gaze as he watched Felix get out of the car.

Felix paused at the door, his hand resting on the side, "I'll figure out how to open it, Damon. I'll get you Katherine." He couldn't read the look that passed over Damon's face, but closed the door before the vampire could answer.

Felix hoped he would wake up before his mom, that maybe she would be tired from the day of traveling before. But as he came down the stairs early in the morning and found her sitting in the kitchen waiting for him, he realized that would be impossible. Felix wondered how much she knew, his mom had long since suppressed her visions, but now that her son was known among vampires and other monsters alike, he wondered if she still did.