25

Felix's breath was coming out in short, heavy pants as he weaved around the trees, keys clutched tightly between his fingers as if that would stop whatever was coming for him. Every few moments, his vision was overtaken by the eyes of something following him, his panic causing his abilities to become erratic. He could hear the strange thoughts of whatever was following him. It sounded starved, and the name Klaus was in between its mental screams to catch and hunt.

Felix did not know where he was running to, but he knew he had to get away, to outrun whatever this monster was chasing. He could hear Cordelia's voice in the back of his mind, urging him forward. She sounded afraid. A strange buzzing surrounded him, static filling his head before a root seemingly appeared out of nowhere, and Felix was falling.

Instead of hitting the ground, the whole earth seemed to shift, opening its wide mouth to swallow him. Felix's found himself lying on his back on a vast empty hill, a large white house behind him. "Hide," Cordelia whispered, her voice coming along the wind, and Felix was too confused and lost to wonder why.

As he stepped into the house, his unasked question would be answered quickly. Three voices chimed together, "You shouldn't be here," they hissed, melding together and raising in pitch like a tea kettle as the water began to boil. Their voices rose goosebumps across Felix's skin as he scrambled to close the door behind him. He was alone, at least physically. "You Rhodes children always think you can disobey what we have strung," they said again, voices hissing through the rafters of the home; he could feel eyes on his back, everywhere, and yet he still felt (hoped) he could hide.

Felix was quick to rush down the steps of the house that led to a dark, musty basement lit by a single candle in the corner. It looked familiar to him, but instead of a sense of deja vu washing over him, it was as if this was a sight he knew he would see and had just not yet experienced. Part of him knew he still hadn't. That this was a house out of time, something conquered by him or his ancestor trying to hide from the creature in the woods, and now from the gods that ruled time.

Cobwebs hung low on every basement surface, but no spider's insight. It was as if there were no other living creatures other than Felix in this space. He was freezing now, the temperature of this place dropping below zero as his breath clouded in front of him. The young man crouched in the corner of the dark basement, angling himself in the shadows of the candle.

"Is this a cat?" Felix heard himself ask, an image of himself standing across from Klaus, holding a small black cat, looking somewhat awkward. "Why do you have a cat?" Felix asked, a loud clanging echoing on the basement floor as he stepped towards the man.

"It's a familiar. Her witch died, and I figured you could use some company," Klaus said before quickly pushing the tiny creature into Felix's arms and disappearing.

The cold was seeping into Felix's bones, making his chest heavy and ache with every breath he took. "You are destined to go to him," the women's voices hissed, freezing the boy even more, "You cannot run from the original. He is your destiny."

"Fuck off," Felix growled, fist clenching as he forced the vision away as if he would go easily from one monster to another.

Felix was cold and thirsty. He was freezing in this basement. His body was on the verge of collapse. How much longer could he hold out?

"Stop," Felix hissed, eyes shutting as if that could stop the visions in his mind.

"That's what will happen if you stay, boy," they hissed, and Felix watched as the candle flickered and a woman in white stood before him. Eyes cold as they stared at the boy huddled in a corner.

"Felix Rhodes," she said, her voice young, but in the distance, he could hear the other two women whispering in sync. "You cannot run from us or what it is hunting you. It is your destiny," She said, and she spoke as if it was a simple as the sky being blue or the grass green. As if Felix returning to those woods wouldn't lead to his death.

"I'll die," he said, not looking away from the goddess that threatened him; despite her over powering presence, the stole the air from the room.

"Eventually, yes. But you will die sooner if you stay, and then we will be forced to lock you away, and there will be no more Rhodes Psychics. We've been lenient on you, letting you change certain things, letting you spin your yarn, but this," she paused, eyes flickering to the door that would lead him back to the world, "this is not something you can change. This moment is in all your paths, no matter what you do. My sisters do not regret your fate, nor do we pity you, but I know it is woven into your nature to be afraid. I made that so. But Felix Rhodes, if you die here, all of your friends will die. Caroline will be pierced through the heart, Tyler's heart will be ripped from his chest, Elena will bleed out, and Damon," she smiled cruelly, "Damon will descend into madness and wither away. Still, he will kill his brother, and before he dies, he will see what he has done. They will all die Felix Rhodes. Are you going to let them because this is the path you've chosen? To die in our world? No body or remnants in yours? Your mother will never recover, and she will also go mad searching for you."

"Stop," Felix muttered, he could see the flashes of those he loved dying. "Isn't this the curse? Won't those I love die anyways," he said, tears gathering in his eyes as he watched the woman in white.

"Hmm, not necessarily. It's a complicated curse, especially when one surrounds themselves with the undead and creatures very hard to kill," she hummed. A piece of red string looped around Felix's hand, limp to the door. "Go, Felix Rhodes. You are not meant to die here." And Felix shut his eyes, forcing himself to his feet, ignoring the woman watching him and the smug smile on her face, and walking to the door.

"I won't let anyone die," he says, hand on the doorknob before twisting it open and allowing darkness to swallow him.

"How on earth did I know that when my dog said he couldn't find you, you would find me?" a voice with a European accent said as soon as Felix's senses returned to him, "Have a good trip, darling?"

Klaus Mikealson stood before the psychic, a grin that promised nothing good on his face, and Felix cursed the fates that, of course, decided to drop him into the vampire's lap.

"I'm sure you already know who I am, and I know who you are," Klaus says, taking a slow and deliberate step towards Felix, who took one back. There was a house, one Felix recognized. It was the same one he had hidden in. However, it was more decorated now and less of a haunted mansion. "But out of formality, I'll introduce myself. I am Klaus Mikealson, and you will help me find Katrina Petrova."

And for a moment, all Felix was, why the fuck does everyone want to find Katherine and was Klaus Mikealson, another ex-boyfriend? If so, Felix decided he would ask Katherine for advice on catching such hot men because this was really unfair.

"I don't think so, buddy. You're handsome and all, but the psychic department is closed right now," Felix said, arms crossing as he stared down the vampire whose smile only grew.

"Oh, you are going to be so fun to break," Klaus said, and before Felix could even register the movement, darkness was overtaking his vision.

A/N: so kind of a wild ride of a chapter. I hope you guys have enjoyed the first part/act of this story, and I am very excited for part: two Damned