02

"Where exactly are we," Felix asked, rubbing his arms as they stepped outside into a strangely cold afternoon. A biting wind was in the air, and Felix didn't even recognize the trees around them. They were some type of Evergreen that didn't grow naturally near Mystic Falls, meaning he wasn't near his childhood home anymore.

Klaus grinned back at him, turning on his heel to look at the young psychic, there was something slightly unnerving about the vampire before him, but he couldn't bring himself to muster up any fear.

"Northern Vermont, about twenty miles from the Canadian border," the vampire answered quickly; Felix's eyes widened. The two stared at each other, Felix's fist clenching as anger replaced the hole where fear should have resided. Klaus's grin grew at the sight.

"Why the fuck are you so interested in Katherine anyways? People are going to notice I'm missing," Felix said, glancing back towards the large white colonial-style home that stood imposingly between him and his freedom. When he looked back, Klaus was mere inches away, followed by a startling laugh that had Felix backing away from the clearly deranged creature.

"You're truly interesting, Felix Rhodes. I had wondered what strange poking around the Salvatores had done, but this, this is just hilarious," Klaus laughed, watching Felix like the wolf waiting for little red riding hood to get just a little bit closer.

My, what big teeth you have, "What are you talking about," Felix asked, unease compelling him to look for an exit from this situation.

"You look uncomfortable, but you're still not afraid, right?" Klaus asked, grinning manically as fangs descended onto the scene. Felix took another step back, eyes narrowing, ignoring the growing unease at the realization that he wasn't scared. He knew he should be; he had been terrified of vampires. Before...

"Shit, just take deep breaths, Felix. I don't," he heard Damon sigh before his hands grabbed his head, and blue eyes filled his blurry vision, and then everything was okay. There wasn't anything to be afraid of.

Felix shook his head, forcing the vision away, eyes focusing on the vampire before him, "You compelled me."

"I did, but I only told you to treat me like the Salvatores told you to treat them. I wonder which brother it was poking around your head?" Klaus said slyly, "Stefan never really cared for compulsion, being the ripper he was, but Damon, I bet Damon was all over you."

"What do you want with me?" Felix asked teeth gritted as he stared down the vampire, desperately wishing he could read the monster's mind, but all he was met with was silence, something he was sure the vampire had to do with.

"You're going to help me find Katherine, and if you don't, I'll kill you and then get your lovely mother to help me, and then after I've found Katherine, I'll drain your mother of all her blood after telling her that you let this happen to her," Klaus said, his eyes glinting darkly.

"You're insane," Felix bit out, wincing when the vampire's hand was suddenly wrapped around his throat, tightening until the teen was choking, trying to get air into his lungs.

"You might not feel any fear for me, Felix Rhodes, but do try not to be so stupid. I am the most powerful being in this world; perhaps you need a bit of fear to remind you of your place," Klaus growled, forcing the psychic to look at him; lack of oxygen made the psychic's eyes water, headlight before he was suddenly dropped.

"Fuck," Felix choked out, hands shaking as they gripped his throat; his whole body was shaking. He couldn't breathe; even now, with his neck freed from the vampire's vice grip, he couldn't get enough oxygen. Felix tried desperately to calm his racing thoughts, but his brain's mantra of 'run, run, run' made it hard to think of anything other than scrambling back away from the vampire standing over him. He had a look of mock pity on his face as he watched Felix.