05

trigger warning for self harm and panic attacks

 "We can't just leave! There are people in this town that need help! Someone is going to die tonight!" Felix shouted. Probably a mistake, but it didn't feel like it as he stared down the vampire sitting on a stupid white chair, staring at him unimpressed.

"What makes you think you can make any decisions about what we do," Klaus says slowly, eyes flashing momentarily. Felix's heart races, "Elijah will bring Sebastian back here, and then we will leave." Klaus stood walking towards the human whose breathing was coming out in quick horrified bursts, gasping as he tried to ignore the panic. Tears prickled in his eyes as Klaus forced his face up to him. "You don't even have anything to offer me; why would I help you or this town," Klaus said, whipping a tear from his eyes, spots already appearing in his vision.

Felix felt like he was going to die, and maybe he was; he could see Avery's dead body staring back at him, "Help me, Felix. Why won't you save me." she asked, voice changing into a scream that forced Felix to stumble away from the vampire, hands desperately clutching at his ears.

"Stop," Felix begged, shutting his eyes tightly, opening them when the sound of steps approached him, only to be greeted by Avery's face covered in blood, eyes nothing but empty red holes, her head twisted to the side, barely hanging onto her body, only being kept from falling off by a thin strip of flesh. Felix screamed, falling back words, nails digging into his head, his hair as he tried to calm down, blood leaking from her body, filling the floor, filling the room, reaching towards his feet, like hands, as if he would drown in it.

"Well, this is an exciting development. Maybe I'll leave you like this for a bit Felix; let you sit with whatever it is you're seeing," Klaus said, looking down on the horrified teen, who was crying in earnest now. He couldn't think past the fear; he needed it to stop.

"I was scared too, Felix. When Henry came into the shop, asking me about the specials. I knew something was wrong, he didn't seem normal, but I was all alone. You made sure of it." Avery said, blood falling from her mouth with every word, but she still sounded sweet, chirpy as she did in the store

Felix's nails dug into his head, scratching his ears, hoping the pain would drive this thing away. She wasn't even dead yet, "You're not dead," he voiced, ignoring how Klaus hummed at his pained comment.

"Not yet, but I will be. All because of you," She sang, crouching low in front of him, hands cupping his own hands. Forcing his nails to dig further into his skin, blood slowly leaks from the self-inflicted half-moon injuries.

Now Felix wasn't away from this, not entirely, at least at the moment. Still, Klaus was frowning now, listening to the rapid beating of the teen's heart and the smell of blood beginning to permeate the air.

"Why don't you give him something?" Avery whispered, voice cutting through the pain and static rushing Felix's head. It was hard to focus on anything else. "Then he'll save me. Save everyone." Felix sucked in another shaky breath, breathing in death and blood. It was suffocating him.

"There's a girl," Felix breathed out, voice horse and sounding far away to his ears, making him unsure if he even said it, if Klaus was even there, "A girl who looks just like Katherine. I can bring you to her; you need her, right?" He didn't know why he thought Klaus would need her; he was just so sure of it now. And he needed this to end.

"Oh, that's good, Felix. Elena is mean, after all. She was so rude to you before you left. She would sell you out in a heartbeat," Avery grinned, blood staining her white teeth. Felix couldn't look at her anymore, so he shut his eyes instead, waiting for Klaus to say anything. All he got in response was silence and a disturbing wave of calm that left him breathless and light-headed. He still didn't open his eyes, not even when he felt a hand on his head.