xxxiv - 𝘱𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘶𝘪𝘵

London

London. With its endless streets lined tall with colossal buildings, standing strong like an industrial forest. Not exactly the slow and steady introduction for a man who had been hiding from everything for the past few months needed.

But as Tommy continued to try and plod on with his life, whatever that may be - he was reminded immediately on this early autumn day- as the rain pattered dismally on his car's windscreen and the sky remained a bothersome dull grey - of his first few meetings with the psychologist he was doing his utmost to try and forget.

It seemed not even the droplets that fled from the hefty clouds above could even cut him the slack of forgetting for just one day.

Tommy rounded a familiar street, a house he had not attended or not thought of in a while. It had been months since he had last connected with his older brother, even more so than the rest of his family. Aunt Pol and Ada particularly always tried to worm their way in, to get close to the man who was trying to repair every little weakness in his system - but he had blocked out everyone for so long. Tommy knew he could not hide forever... and so seeking out Arthur first, to try to find out what his plans for involvement with any of the family businesses were in future... if any.

An unsettling feeling concocted like a potion of anxiousness at the base of the Blinder's stomach. For he parked up behind the back of a brand new, smart navy blue car of which he had never seen before. Everything about it screamed wealth... and Tommy knew wealthy people often were powerful... and came with their threats to his family.

Leaving the car, greeted with the onslaught of the miserable rain which still vigorously showered on - he tread the short space between the curb and the stone steps and porch out front of Scarlett's home, which both she and Arthur now resided in.

For a short second there was nothing but the constant tepid pattering of the rain on the grey stone pavement behind him, and the distant whooshing of wheels through puddles.

The door then swung open, and stood before Tommy was the very changed figure of Scarlett. Last time he had seen her she had been fairly pregnant looking but now, with her petite size she seemed even more dwarfed by the large bump under her empire style grey and pink floral dress.

The pair stood gawping at each other for a brief few seconds, Scarlett's mind racing alike - mainly as she had mixed feelings about seeing Tommy again. Of course, relief came first ... they had all been worried about him - but as sudden as turbulent sea current, the reminder of Verity's truth's that night also swept in. What Tommy had done to poor Verity...

Suppressing any feelings of anger or disappointment, Scarlett knew she was in no place to make such a judgement. She had also deeply hurt her friend, and to this day she was still resenting herself for it.