xiii - 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘶𝘦

A/N: sorry this chapter is so long? It would of been longer but I decided the next part needs its own dedicated chapter :-) hope you enjoy
P.S this is written on my phone so I apologise for any silly typing errors. I do intend to go through and proof check tomorrow, but seeing as rn its 12.00am I really need to go to sleep !

Verity was certain her glass of wine kept refilling, as she got ready for the night ahead in Scarlett's modest London townhouse that wasn't too dissimilar from the residence Verity shared with her sister

It was a pretty building, with high ceilings and ornate features. It was obviously Scarlett, with a few glamorous and luxurious touches thrown around the place - from the bold art on the walls to the tasteful drapes that climb beautifully to the tall square frames of the windows. It was beautiful, and not to mention incredibly welcoming and homely feeling - but Verity put that down to Scarlett more than anything else.

However the similar style of home triggered an ongoing rumination of anxiety in Verity's cluttered feeling mind.

The day previously, as the two women had gone dress shopping for their attire - they had been spotted by a young couple. The experience had been entirely new for Verity - and her former recently settled 'comfortable' feelings of being a singer had somewhat had it's feathers ruffled.

The couple were pleasant enough - but they wanted a lengthily conversation that felt almost intrusive. Scarlett handled it like it was nothing, breezing through it with a polite gleaming smile and sweetly phrased sentences that glossed over giving too much away.

Whereas Verity had struggled - fumbling and being overly selective and clumsy with her way of trying to avoid divulging too much about the club, the Shelby's or their life style. (Not that she knew that much anyway - not as much as she would like to...)

Either way, the whole experience left her feeling rather useless that night as she had gone to bed. Her head ran off with negative thoughts - she was admittedly upset that her feeling of last being content with the path she'd set on were now once again scattered like seeds, set apart in confusion and disarray. She did not want to be questioned or followed wherever she went.

Verity had felt silly that it had only just caught up with her that fame would come with this career. If she had been as tuned into it earlier on then... she felt quite comfortable she would have wanted to walk away.

Scarlett had tried to reassure her that it was fine, and that it had taken her years of practice to appear to friendly and chatty when really she wasn't saying very much at all. It did little in easing the stress from the psychologist's troubled mind.

Not to mention with the growing fame, it had dawned on Verity that her sister Nina, would obviously soon find out too. She didn't want that, and was anxious for when it happened. She decided it would be better for her to tell her sister herself rather than face being found out and made to look like a lying sneak.