ⅻ - 𝘥𝘦𝘤𝘦𝘪𝘷𝘦

A/n: another update! This is kind of just an introduction to Eli and his character so sorry for another boring chapter

-

Low lights twinkled with a honeyed haze amongst the otherwise shadowy interior of the 'Tranquility Base' club owned by none other than Mr Eli Valentine

The club-scene criminal had been stewing quietly over the last few weeks, mind constantly recounting the details of his meeting with the Shelby brothers.

Dark hair slicked back, his hickory brown eyes surveyed the curvaceous figure of one of his waitresses, bringing him another scotch whisky on a rockery of ice, her smile twinkling like stage lights.

He knew he had it all with his club - the scene, the atmosphere, the punters. Eli did not want to lose that to any competition.

Especially not the Shelby family.

As his lips met the smooth rim of the tumbler glass, Eli's gaze flickered upwards and spotted his PA and organiser Glen Groves.

Glen was a man in his 50's, a well to do little mouse of a man who thought himself respectable. Odd, considering his job role was to attend to the diary and schedule of a secret crook.

Flashing the smallest smile, Eli silently greeted his PA and gestured for him to sit down. The small, ginger haired Mr Groves took a seat opposite Eli who was currently sipping his favourite drink in the comfort of one of his club's booths; the staff wandering about their business around him - preparing for the night of business ahead.

"Good holiday?" Eli piped up, his northern tone devoid of any real interest, as his dark eyes surveyed the rather timid looking PA. "Jess alright? And the girls?"

Glen sweated nervously to himself, a few fat fingers curling underneath his collar to gently ease at the restrictive garment around his throat. He had been granted leave for 3 weeks by Eli to take his wife and two daughters away to the Lake District for a break.

However, as Glen sat in front of his boss he felt a growing shade of doubt cast over him like the shadow of an elephant. He did not want Mr Valentine knowing anything about his family, his personal life. He always wanted it to remain strictly business.

"They are fine thank you. The break was nice." Glen cut short, his posh tones wavering with uncertainty that he brushed off with a small cough, taking the opportunity to take control of the conversation.

"How did your meeting with Mr Shelby go? At the Eden Club?" He smiled with his usual polite earnest, like a little terrier keen to please it's master.

Scoffing, Eli lifted the glass of Scotch whisky to his lips again and cocked a brow at his PA.

"Which one?" He remarked sarcastically, earning a confused look from Glen who began to pull out his paper diary, fingertips scrapping through the pages.