[3] - 𝘷𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯

TONY FELT FEAR. He felt guilt. He felt grief.

Sweat trickled down his forehead as he snapped back to reality. He looked down, trying to process what he just saw.

He saw the team dead. He saw his friends dead. He saw the world he swore to protect on the verge of destruction.

Tony swallowed as he looked ahead at the scepter. He extended his arm and began walking towards it.

Behind him in the shadows, stood Wanda and Pietro Maximoff. They watched as he neared the glowing staff.

"We're just gonna let him take it?" The silver-haired twin asked his sister.

Wanda held her brother back and smiled. Her vision was going to be the possible downfall of Tony Stark, and with that...the Avengers as well.

Tony summoned one of his armored gauntlets that covered his hand. He then grabbed the scepter, taking it off of its stand.

Y/N entered the room. He saw Tony with the scepter in hand and called out.

"Tony." The young agent spoke.

The twins noticed the man. Pietro quickly grabbed his sister and used his super-speed to flee the area.

Tony was still fixated on the Scepter. He snapped out of his trance after Y/N grabbed his shoulder.

"Tony?" He asked.

Tony shook his head and looked at Y/N. "I got it."

"Strucker is in custody. Let's get back to the jet." Y/N replied.

Tony nodded, and walked with Y/N out of the room.

• • •

THE THREE MEN looked down at the case holding the scepter. Steve crossed his arms as Thor stood beside Y/N rubbing his chin.

"Looks smaller up close." Y/N remarked. "Loki made it seem bigger than it was."

"Loki always makes things seem different than they are." Thor replied.

Natasha was speaking with Bruce nearby. He was listening to opera music on his headphones, trying to calm himself after a while of being the Hulk.

"Thor, report on the Hulk." She called out.

Thor turned to Natasha, "The gates of Hel are filled with the screams of his victims." He then pumped his fist.

Natasha gave a look to Thor. That wasn't what she wanted to hear. Steve looks down while Y/N crossed his arms and breathed out. Bruce buried his face into his hands. 

"But not the screams of the dead, of course. No, no, wounded screams." Thor tried to save face. "Mainly whimpering, a great deal of complaining and tales of sprained deltoids and gout."

Thor turned back to face the scepter, avoiding more communication.

After Tony enabled auto-pilot on the Quinjet, he walked over to the three Avengers and began talking about the Scepter.

"Since when is Strucker capable of human enhancement?" Y/N asked.

"Banner and I will give it the once over before it goes back to Asgard." Tony looked over at Thor, "Is that cool with you? Just a few days till the farewell party."

Thor put his hands on his waist as he continued looking at the scepter.

"You're staying, right?" Tony asked him.

"Yes, yes, of course. A victory should be honored with revels." Thor stated.

"Yeah, who doesn't love revels?" Tony remarked as he leaned on the table. He looked over at Steve, "Captain?"

"Hopefully this puts an end to the Chitauri and HYDRA. So, yes, revels." Steve answered.

Tony looked over at Y/N. "And you, kid?"

Y/N gave a nod, "You know I'm always down for some celebration. When?"

"Let's say...in a few days. May 2nd." Tony answered.

"Sounds good." The agent replied. "I'll be back by then, I have something I have to take care of in the next couples days."

• • •

CHICAGO WEATHER WAS something Y/N was used to. He lived there for all eighteen years of his life before joining the special forces.

Y/N was in the Norwood Park Township near the city of O'Hare. Wearing casual clothes and a sweater, he walked up to the front door of the large house and knocked.

A middle-aged woman answered the door, immediately recognizing Y/N.

"Mr. L/N. It's great to see you." She greeted.

"Good afternoon, Mrs. Miller. Is my grandma awake?" He asked.

"She is. Come on in." The caretaker answered and let him in.

Y/N's grandmother still lived in Chicago. He lived with her for eight years in the same small house outside of the city. After being recruited by S.H.I.E.L.D he asked Nick Fury to take care of his grandmother financially, which he was glad to cover.

As she got older, she needed caretakers. Y/N knew her time was running out, and the only family he had will be gone. He tried to visit as much as he could.

Y/N walked into the bedroom, and saw the most important woman in his life. He smiled.

"Hey, grandma." He greeted as he walked over to her bed.

She looked over at her grandson and smiled as well. "Hello, honey!"

Y/N gave her a kiss on the forehead, and sat in the seat beside the bed.

"I didn't think you'd come over this week." His grandmother stated.

"I like the element of surprise, ma." Y/N smirked.

She smiled and shook her head. "How's work going for you?"

His grandmother didn't know the extent of his job at S.H.I.E.L.D before it's downfall. She simply thought he worked for the government in a way. He recently revealed to her that he now worked with the Avengers.

"It's been going well so far. We took down some bad people overseas." He answered.

She put her hand over his and held it, "Are you okay?"

Y/N squeezed her hand, "Of course I am, ma. I always am."

Y/N cherished these moments with his grandmother. After he lost his parents, she was there to take care of him. She was a huge part in Y/N's motivation to keep being an Avenger.

They both smiled, with Y/N continuing his conversation with her.