[17] - 𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺

THE ATTACK ON ULTIMO was a good test to showcase what the New Avengers were capable of as a team. It wasn't a threat to the extent of Ultron, but a sample of it.

HYDRA had collected parts from his old sentries and built a large robot that attacked a village in Ukraine

HYDRA had collected parts from his old sentries and built a large robot that attacked a village in Ukraine. They were caught off guard by the sheer size of the cyborg, and it had quickly incapacitated Rhodey and Wanda. Cap and Specter figured out that the robot was being controlled remotely, and had ordered Falcon and Black Widow to take down the HYDRA agents controlling it. Vision helped Specter keep the robot distracted, and when the agents were taken care of, Wanda unleashed her power.

She finished the robot off, all while remembering Ultron and how he had murdered Pietro. She used her rage to basically obliterate the huge cyborg, tearing it to pieces.

The Avengers were back at the facility, recovering from the mission that transpired hours ago

The Avengers were back at the facility, recovering from the mission that transpired hours ago. Steve was proud of what the team accomplished, and saw the potential of what the team could do moving forward.

Y/N was one his way to the medical ward. He entered the room in his beat up tactical uniform, and saw Dr. Helen Cho treating Wanda. The witch had acquired a gash on her forehead during the battle against Ultimo.

"L/N. Glad to see you're okay as well." Helen greeted, applying the bandage on Wanda. "You need anything?"

"If you're busy, it can wait." Y/N replied as he held his side.

"It's fine. Helen's done with me." Wanda chimed in. Dr. Cho nodded as she threw away her gloves to grab new ones.

"What is it you need?" She asked the young man.

"It's just a gash I have on my side."

"Okay. Let me see it."

Y/N took a breath as he removed the top of his tactical suit. Wanda found herself looking at the Avenger's toned physique, and quickly looked away once he turned around to place the shirt on the chair.

"Gonna need to stitch up the suit too. It's a hassle." Y/N added.

Dr. Cho applied an antiseptic before bandaging Y/N. She threw away the set of gloves and walked back over to the duo. Y/N put his top back on.

"Thank you, Helen." Wanda expressed appreciation from the both of them.

"Not a problem. Good night." She replied, and walked out of the room. Wanda sat on exam table while Y/N leaned against the one beside him.

He noticed her in her thoughts, and turned to question her. "What's on your mind? If you don't mind me asking."

Before she answered, Y/N thought about what it could be. Was it the fight against Ultimo? Was it when she first got attacked? Did it bring back memories of Sokovia? Because the giant robot sure reminded Y/N of Ultron.

"That damn robot..." Wanda began to say. Y/N nodded now that he knew what she was thinking about.

"It's like I saw Ultron all over again." She added.

"What a hunk of metal it was, right?" Y/N asked. "It was almost as ugly as Ultron himself."

"I was angry. I tore that thing apart imagining that it was Ultron."

Wanda remembered when she ripped Ultron's heart from his body. She wished she could've done more to demonstrate the pain he caused her. Taking down Ultimo was her outlet to do that.

"Is that bad? Channeling all this...rage...into my powers?" She asked.

Y/N crossed his arms, "I don't blame you, Wanda. You hate Ultron. I hate Ultron. I'd do the same thing if I had your abilities."

"Yeah..."

Y/N didn't want to dwell on the previous mission. He knew it brought Wanda memories of Sokovia. He tried to think of something else.

"Look, we had quite an insane mission. We need a day off."

Wanda turned to look at Y/N. The young Avenger tried to think of what else to say as the woman's eyes fixated on him.

"How about...we, um, go to Central Park? Walk around a bit? I think there might be some concert too."

Wanda gave a light smile, which made Y/N a little nervous for her response.

"If you want. We could do something else...or stay at the facility."

"Is this a date?" She asked, knowing it would throw Y/N for a loop.

"No. No. It could be an excursion...between friends." Y/N quickly replied.

Wanda could hear the thoughts within his head, which always got a laugh out of her.

"Is it a date? No. Maybe. It could be. Wait. Can't she read people's minds? Be quiet."

Wanda appreciated everything Y/N has done for her since she became an Avenger. He even went out of his way to show respect towards her before that, during the events in Sokovia.

He was the shoulder she leant on after Pietro's death. He was the one who helped her fully integrate into the Avengers. He never wanted anything else in return, he just wanted to be a great friend.

Like Y/N was for her, Wanda was developing feelings for him too.

Wanda accepted his offer, "Okay. What time?"

Y/N rubbed his neck, "Hm. Let's see...how about like...3 PM?"

"It's settled then." Wanda got off the exam table. She went over to him and planted a kiss on his cheek, which caught him by surprise.

"Good night, Y/N." Wanda said with a smile, and walked out of the medical ward. Y/N sighed, trying to process the fact that he did in fact ask Wanda Maximoff on a date.

It's been so long since he's been on one. The last time was back in high school when he was 16, which was ten years ago. He's gonna need some advice, maybe from a certain android who stores databases within its head.

"Man, I'm gonna need Vision to help me out on this one."