[7] - 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨

Y/N WALKED DOWN THE CORRIDORS of the facility. He passed by what used to be his own room, then Rhodey's, then Vision's. A few more doors later and he made it to Wanda's.

He turned the knob and entered the room, a surprised look appeared on his face upon seeing that it looked the same. Everything was untouched.

A part of him expected it to be empty, but in reality Tony didn't have any of the then-fugitive Avengers' things removed. Y/N appreciated that.

Even after being back at the facility for about a month now, he never went to Wanda's room until now. He didn't want to, at least not at the time. The wound was still fresh, and seeing her mementos would've pained him even more.

Now with everything officially gone...no other way of getting back the ones they lost...he figured it was time. He wanted to remember her.

Y/N looked around the room. He saw the maroon comforter, the paintings on the wall, and the guitar against the column by the window. The stands still where there, containing song books.

All those things brought him back...

• • •

TWO YEARS AGO

• • •

WANDA AND Y/N SAT on the edge of the bed.

"I've actually never played before." Y/N said, looking at the instrument in his hands. He fumbled with it and tried to align his hands to where he thought they should be.

Wanda giggled as she witnessed the lost expression of her boyfriend, "Are you right handed or left handed?"

"I'm actually ambidextrous." He replied, "That helped a lot while I was at S.H.I.E.L.D, having two dominant hands."

"And here you are struggling to position a guitar." Wanda helped him with his form until he had a good hold on the instrument, "How's that?"

"I feel just like Hank Williams. Minus the alcohol abuse." Y/N responded, "You can be my Audrey Sheppard."

"I didn't take you as a country music fan."

"My grandmother introduced me to it."

Wanda shifted from her place on the bed and grabbed one of her song books. She began to flip through its pages.

"What do you want to try?" She asked.

"I'm going to butcher anything you give me." He began, "Why don't you demonstrate first?"

"You're going to keep stalling? We're never going to get these lessons done."

"I promise I'll try after. Just show me again."

Wanda smiled, and took the guitar from Y/N. The man grinned back, awaiting her demonstration as he sat beside her.

They've had a couple of these lessons before, which never amounted to much learning on Y/N's behalf. He simply enjoyed seeing Wanda play the guitar. Sometimes, she would even sing during her cover of a song. It was beautiful...if her voice was the last thing he heard before dying, he'd be happy.

Wanda strummed the guitar strings, and after a few moments, he realized that she was playing an acoustic cover of Take on Me.

Then, as he expected, she began to sing.

We're talking away
I don't know what
I'm to say I'll say it anyway
Today's another day to find you
Shying away
I'll be coming for your love, okay?