[8] - 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘰

• • •

FIVE YEARS LATER

• • •

THE ALARM SOUNDED as the back doors were blown open. The five men ran out of the bank and went into the alleyway where their getaway truck was located.

"Move your asses!" One of the robbers yelled.

The driver entered the front seat and the rest of the criminals entered the back of truck. He floored it, and they sped out of the alleyway and onto the street.

The driver kept his eye on the road as he kept his foot on the gas pedal. Then in a flash, a figure flew into the front seat and pushed the driver out through their door with it. He landed on the sidewalk and was knocked unconscious.

The unmanned truck swerved and hit a light pole, totaling the vehicle. The four robbers came out of the back in a daze and looked around.

Ahead of them, they saw Specter, in his orange and black glowing suit.

"Christ! Shoot him!" One of them exclaimed.

A robber raised his pistol, but Specter used his enhanced speed to run up and kick the man into the side of the truck. Another criminal swung his arm at Y/N but he parryed the hit, grabbing the arm and flipping the man onto his back hard.

The man, who seemed to be the leader, had enough time to take out his gun and shoot three shots at Specter, but the hero used his intangibility to evade the gunfire and simply shot an energy blast at him. The gunman flew back and crashed into a phone booth.

The last criminal, a fairly young guy, dropped his weapon and surrendered. He got on his knees and put his arms up.

"Don't hurt me! Please." He pleaded, then took it further and laid on his stomach.

Y/N didn't respond and just looked at the man. He wasn't going to hurt him, but was going to make sure he stayed there until the authorities came.

It didn't take long, and police officers arrived at the scene. In the area, bystanders also stood on the sidewalk with their phones out.

"Thank you, Mr. L/N." An officer said walking up to him, then he put his hands on his waist, "Feels like we say that a lot nowadays."

For the last five years, Y/N had been a hero in the city of Chicago. People see him as a symbol of hope in the times after the decimation.

It also felt nice that nobody treated him as a criminal for siding with Captain America and going against the Accords. Everybody seemed to have forgotten about it, or they just didn't care anymore.

"It's not a problem, officer. I'm just doing what I can." Y/N replied, then started to walk away. The officer lightly grabbed his arm to get his attention again.

"We appreciate you. Really."

Y/N gave a simple nod, then turned back around and flew out of the area.

• • •

Y/N STOOD ON THE ROOF of a building, looking over the edge onto the street. He looked farther, and saw the Navy Pier. He remembered how he took Wanda there during their trip to Chicago years ago.