[9] - 𝘴𝘬𝘪𝘳𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘢𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘴

THE TRAIN CRASHED through the barrier at the end of the tracks. Steve had just informed Clint to take the Cradle to Tony back at base.

Steve looked back at the twins, "Civilians in our path."

Pietro nodded, and dashed out of the train car. Y/N looked at Wanda, "Can you stop this thing?"

She looked at him, and gave a simple nod.

"We can do this." Y/N added.

Wanda was surprised by both their words. Her and Pietro caused so much problems and pain towards the Avengers, but the two members before her didn't seem to hold a grudge.

Wanda used her powers to keep the tires of the train from rolling. The train began to brake, and Pietro used his speed to move civilians out of the path of the incoming train.

Steve and Y/N held on as the train was getting into a complete stop. The train finally stopped in the middle of a Korean street market.

Wanda got out of the train and went over to Pietro, who was catching his breath. Steve panted and got out of the train with Y/N. The young Avenger took the time to help a few passengers out of the train before walking back to the group.

"I'm fine, I just need to take a minute." Pietro told his sister and sat down.

Steve walked up to the twins, "I'm very tempted not to give you one."

"He's right. Let me fully take in what the hell just happened, Cap." Y/N replied.

"The Cradle. Did you get it?" Wanda asked Steve.

"Stark will take care of it."

Wanda's expression changed into worry. "No, he won't."

Y/N put his hands on his waist, glancing at Cap before looking back at Wanda. "You don't know what you're talking about. Stark's not crazy."

"He will do anything to make things right." Wanda replied with a serious expression.

Y/N studied her face, taking in her genuine concern. He looked at Steve, who understood as well.

"Stark, come in." Steve turned around and spoke into his radio. "Stark? Anyone on comms?"

Y/N sighed, crossing his arms.

"Ultron can't tell the difference between saving the world and destroying it." Wanda looked at Y/N. "Where do you think he gets that?"

Y/N rubbed his face, "Oh, man..."

• • •

STARK AND BANNER stood around the Cradle with the partially complete improved body of Ultron. Tony had revealed to him that J.A.R.V.I.S was still alive, and wanted to put the A.I. into the synthetic body.

"This is the opportunity. We can create Ultron's perfect self without the homicidal glitches he thinks are his winning personality." Tony explained. "We have to."

J.A.R.V.I.S chimed in, "I believe it's worth a go."

Bruce shook his head, not understanding Tony's obsession with it. "I'm in a loop! I'm caught in a time loop. This is exactly where it all went wrong."

"I know. I know." Tony walked over to Bruce. "I know what everyone's gonna say. But they're already saying it."

Tony placed a hand on Banner's shoulder, "We're mad scientists. We're monsters, buddy. We've gotta own it. Make a stand."

Bruce looked down and kept shaking his head. Tony added, "It's not a loop. It's the end of the line."

Bruce had given in and agreed. They continued their work on the cradle, and were close to successfully integrating J.A.R.V.I.S into the body.

Steve, Y/N, Wanda, and Pietro walked into the lab. Steve spoke, "I'm gonna say this once."

Tony looked up at the group, "How about 'none-ce'?"

"Shut it down, Tony." Y/N told him.

Tony shook his head, "Nope, not gonna happen."

"You don't know what you're doing." Steve said.

Bruce looked at Rogers. "And you do?", he pointed at Wanda, "She's not in your head?"

Wanda walked out from behind Steve. "I know you're angry."

Bruce wasn't very fond of Wanda at first, especially after what happened in South Africa.

"Oh, we're way past that. I could choke the life out of you and never change a shade."

Y/N walked closer, "Bruce, after everything that's happened—"

"It's nothing compared to what's coming!" Tony shouted.

"You don't know what's in there." Wanda retorted.

"This ain't a game!" Steve chimed in.

Pietro stood quiet amidst the arguing, thinking of how he was going to handle it. He used his super-speed to run over to the Cradle and its power supply, unplugging it.

"No, no. Go on." Pietro dropped the plug. "You were saying?"

Suddenly, Clint shot the glass Pietro was standing on. He fell through and landed by Clint.

"What? You didn't see that coming?" Clint jested.

Back up top, Tony began typing into the console. "I'm rerouting the upload."

Steve threw his shield at the Cradle, causing it to bounce around the lab. Tony summoned his gauntlet, aiming at Rogers. Y/N kicked up a metal sheet from the ground. He got in front of Steve and held it up, the blast knocking Y/N back.

Wanda tried to attack, but Banner quickly grabbed her from behind. "Go ahead, piss me off."

Steve ran towards Tony as he began summoning the chest piece of his armor. Rogers punched down, but Tony shot him with his arc reactor, heaving them both back opposite directions.

Wanda knocked Bruce back using her powers, and Clint ran in with a pistol drawn. He aimed, but Y/N grabbed his arm and tried pinning him down.

"Stick to arrows, old man." Y/N grunted.

Amidst the struggle, the God of Thunder flew into the lab. Thor leaped onto the Cradle, and began summoning lightning into Mjölnir.

"Wait!" Bruce exclaimed.

Thor brought the hammer down towards the Cradle, overloading it. Everybody looked on in awe at the flashing lights.

Suddenly, the Cradle broke open. Thor got launched back as the synthetic android rose from within.