[4] - 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦

MUSIC PLAYED AS PARTY guests enjoyed the festivities.

Steve was by the pool table getting a few rounds in with his friend, Sam Wilson. James Rhodes sat on the sofa speaking with Natasha who was sitting across from him. Thor was having a drink with a few war veterans and telling stories.

Bruce, on the other hand, was not used to parties. He was timorously walking around.

Y/N was at the bar area, drinking from a glass and speaking with Tony.

"So...Fury gave you that name or did you pick it out?" Tony asked.

"It kinda just came to me." Y/N answered his question about his codename.

"Barton chose to call himself 'Hawkeye', then?" Tony took a sip from his glass.

"Didn't you call yourself Iron Man?" Y/N chuckled.

Tony rolled his eyes, "That was the media. My suit is made of gold-titanium alloy as a matter a fact."

Thor walked up to the two men with a glass of beer in hand. "Gents."

"Let me guess, is that your third beer?" Tony asked him, knowing his love for the beverage.

"Actually, no." Thor answered.

"Fourth?" Y/N chimed in.

Thor pointed at him with the glass in hand, "Correct."

Later, Rhodey and Maria Hill join the trio. After some small talk, Rhodey began to tell a story about one of his excursions as War Machine.

"So I take the tank, fly it right up to the general's palace, drop it at his feet. I'm like, 'Boom. You looking for this?'" He finished with a quiet chuckle.

Tony, Thor, and Y/N looked at Rhodey, simply giving light smiles.

Rhodey licked his lips and tried again, "'Boom. Are you looking for...'Why do I even talk to you guys? Everywhere else, that story kills."

"That's the whole story?" Thor asked.

"Yeah, it's a War Machine story." Rhodey replied.

Y/N took a sip from his glass as he looked at Thor.

"Oh, it's very good, then. It's impressive." Thor lightly laughed then took a drink.

"Quality save." Rhodey replied. He took a breath in and looked at Tony. "So, no Pepper? She's not coming?"

"No." Tony simply answered.

Maria turned to Thor, "What about Jane?"

Thor shook his head.

"Where are the ladies gentlemen?" Y/N asked, not having to worry about those problems himself.

"Oh, Ms. Potts has a company to run." Tony said.

"Yes, I'm not even sure what country Jane's in." Thor stated as well. "Her work on the Convergence has made her the world's foremost astronomer."

Tony glanced at Thor. "And the company that Pepper runs is the largest tech conglomerate on Earth. It's pretty exciting."

Thor noticed how Tony was trying to one up him.

"There's even talk of Jane getting a, um, Nobel Prize." Thor added as he took another sip of his beer.

Maria and Rhodey looked at each other.

"Yeah, they must be busy, because they would hate missing you guys get together." Maria remarked, before coughing, "Testosterone! Excuse me."