[12] - 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵 𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳𝘴

THEIR BREAK-OUT FROM the Raft officially labeled them as war criminals.

In order to be with their families and be pardoned, Clint and Scott took plea deals with the FBI and German government. They didn't want to be on the run.

Steve on the other hand, wasn't going to turn himself in. He left Tony a voicemail, apologizing for everything that transpired in Germany and Siberia. Steve told Y/N what happened after Tony confronted him and Bucky in Siberia, from how he found out about his parents' deaths and Tony's attempt to kill Bucky.

Y/N didn't think that'd happen. He gave Tony their location because he thought it would help. He just didn't predict how Zemo was using them as pawns, and his ultimate plan was to tear apart the Avengers.

A plan he accomplished.

Currently, the team was in the Quinjet on their way to Europe. It consisted of Steve, Wanda, Y/N, Sam, Natasha, and Bucky. Nat had reunited with them, haven't had seen her friends since the battle in Germany.

Steve activated the autopilot feature of their stealth plane, and left the seat. He walked up to the team who sat around talking amongst each other.

"How's everybody holding up?" The Captain asked.

"For a few enemies of the law, I say we're doing all right." Y/N replied.

"So, what's the plan?" Sam asked.

Steve sighed, "It's just us now. The Avengers aren't what is once was, but I can't give up on the mission."

Steve was still willing to lay down his life for the betterment of humanity. He was still a hero, and wanted to help those in need.

"So...vigilantism?" Natasha asked.

Cap shrugged, "If that's what it's called now, then yes."

Y/N understood Steve's point of view. He felt the same way. His time as an Avenger showcased his selflessness and willingness to save lives. Even after the government labeled him a criminal, he would still help those that needed it.

But did Wanda want that?

"I'm in." She suddenly said, which surprised Y/N. It's as if she read his mind.

Did she?

"Are you sure about this, Wanda?" He asked. "On the run, living in cramped up apartments and God knows where..."

"What's the other choice?" She held his hand and interlocked her fingers with his. "Besides, as long as we're together...there's nowhere I'd rather be."

Y/N smiled, "Then I'm in, too."

"So what are we? The Fugitive Five?" Sam looked over at Bucky, and remembered him. "Or...the Secret Six?"

"Keep it at five." Bucky chimed in, not wanting to do that work. He didn't believe he was fit to help people, still thinking his mind was messed up.

"Keep it simple. The Secret Avengers." Y/N said, which garnered a nod from Steve.

"The simple ones are always the best." He replied.

"Like your parties." Natasha cut in.

"I'm a simple guy."

Steve then sighed and turned back to the front of the jet, seeing the sky and clouds they were passing by.

It was a new beginning. And their new lives started now.