[2] - 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘺 𝘤𝘪𝘵𝘺

THE COUPLE ARRIVED in Chicago during the evening. They settled to travel by plane like any normal person would, but they idea of them both flying there did cross their minds.

Still, Y/N preferred to go by plane. He didn't want them to worry about holding on to the luggage thousands of feet in the air.

Y/N and Wanda settled in their hotel before going to enjoy a night out. Y/N also remembered to call Sam, who wished them the best.

In their rental car, they went to places Y/N was familiar with. From restaurants to landmarks to other places of interests, they enjoyed their time together.

They were at the Navy Pier, looking over at the water. The night sky and moon were lighting their surroundings. Wanda and Y/N leaned against the railing.

"Do you miss it?" Wanda asked.

Y/N looked over at her, "What do you mean?"

"Living here. It looks so nice."

Y/N thought about it. He grew up in Chicago, and it always had a special place in his heart.

"There were times where I got homesick, especially the first couple years after Fury took me in. But I kinda see New York as my second home now."

"Sokovia was all I knew. I never left the country until that time Pietro and I went to South Africa."

They both remembered South Africa. When the Avengers tried to take down Ultron. It was also the second time they ran into the Maximoff twins.

The second time Wanda and Y/N interacted with each other.

"Then there was Seoul." She added.

That was the third time Y/N and Wanda interacted.

He turned to Wanda and rested an elbow on the metal railing, "You know...we're getting old..."

Wanda turned to Y/N with a brow raised, wondering what he was getting at, "We're in our late 20s."

"Almost to the big three-zero! I think we should travel more." Y/N replied.

"Travel?"

"Like...for our leisure. Aside from the missions."

Wanda rested her chin on her palm, "I'm listening."

"There's still 48 other states in the U.S."

She chuckled, "You're crazy."

"The great American road trip." He replied. "Then once that's done we can try other countries."

"You want to travel the world?"

Y/N looked down at his hands, fiddling with his palm. He then looked back up at Wanda.

"Not by myself...or with just anyone. I want to travel the world with you."

Wanda looked into Y/N's eyes as he was in his thoughts. He really loved her. If he were to settle down with one person for the rest of his life once his days as an Avenger were over, it would be Wanda.

She knew this too, and didn't have to read his mind to know it. She felt the same way. Y/N filled the void that she had in her heart after the events of Sokovia. She was eternally grateful for that.

Wanda's lips curled into a smile and she got closer to her boyfriend, "Would we go to France? I've always wanted to see the Eiffel Tower."

"Definitely."

Their faces got closer and the two kissed. They parted as Y/N cupped one of her cheeks with his hand.

"We could go anywhere, my beloved."