Chapter 25

"Dad."
...
"Dad?

DAAAAAADDDDDD"

"YEAH YEAH IM LISTENING"

"Well then answer"

"I was talking to someone ok? Anyways, are you ready to tell me what is going on"

"I mean, I guess, I dont have much of a choice so.."

"Ok lets start with the ability to quote on quote "control". Whats that about?"

"Its actually quite simple. It made me able to control my power. I can lock however much of my power I want away. The fine tuning is not the easiest though."

"Really? Thats not as bad as I thought..wait if you could do that why didnt you do it so you wouldn't accidentally destroy planets??"

"I did! I swear! But I never exactly know how much of my power I should lock away, and it always ends up not being enough." Percy admitted.

"So you're telling me you've accidentally been blowing up planets when angry, with your power weakened?"

"I guess. As you know Im not the best at controlling my powers to begin with, maybe because of my human side, but It just got harder over time, so I started locking away my power, and I didn't want to worry you.."

"Oh Percy..you should have told me instead of accepting a gift from my idiot brother"

"To be fair, I didn't exactly know who he was back then, and free stuff is always nice-"

"PERCY"

"Yes yes I get it! Im sorry!"

"Good, we'll try to solve your problem when you get back. Also Damien told me you got stabbed, are you ok?"

"Yes, you know me, it healed pretty fast. Only took a few days to get the poison out of my system. Also btw, Dad.. you might wanna look at the army, I got an anonymous tip that there might be spies hidden among them"

"Sure sure, Ill look into it"

"..You're not gonna take this seriously, are you?"

"What are they gonna do? Tell people what I ate for lunch? No one but people I allow can enter my office anyways, and until now thats only you and Damien. And thats where everything is planned and decided. Oh but I guess it might be super dangerous for your operation if the enemy knows when I usually go to sleep, I can see where that would be a problem"

"Ok ok I get it mister Im-so-cool-I-dont-need-to-be-bothered-by-spies. But they're not only getting information on you but on me too, and unlike you I value my private life. So do your son a favour."

"..Ok I'll look into it. Man, children are so much work"

"I- ok, not the point, change of topic. We got a prophecy as you probably know."

"Yes I heard"

"We cant quite make sense of it, aaannnd to top it off now Im on a suspicious people list..alone. So its not really a list, but thats beside the point. Do you have any ideas?"

"Well what information have you got?"

"Well, for one, the prophecy, and besides that only that the enemy seems to have acquired the sleeping beauty, the one from planet €#&(@#. It sounded like they were looking for that plant specifically. Do you have any idea what the reason could be?"

"That plant? I swear- thats more of a weed, no matter how much I try to make it go extinct.. its annoyingly powerful too, never should have created it"

"You can swim in your self loathing later, I just need to know what you could use the plant for"

"Wait I think I've got a book on it somewhere. ..ah! Here it is. I'll send it to you" Chaos said and immediately the book appeared before Percy. He caught it immediately and cursing his fate he took a look at the book that was as thick as half his arm. Thats probably gonna be so many words to read ..

"Thank you..is there like a version that only has the important stuff.?"

"Nope, that the only version, and the only one in this universe"

"I had feared so. Oh well, thank you I'll look through it"

"Sure. And Percy.."

"Yes?"

"Be careful. The creepy old woman here had a vision of you fainting. Now, it could only be you falling asleep while standing, but I just want to make sure, usually her visions have some importance as you know"

"..ok I'll be careful thank you. Btw, that weird fruit on planet 'far far far away'.. the one growing in the volcanic region, its.?"

"Its been extinct for like a thousand years now, why do you ask?"

"Ok I figured, just asking." Percy answered as he slightly giggled, proud of his little prank. There was a short pause.

"Oh and..say, Im curious..on a scale from one to ten how much do you hate End?"

"-ARE YOU SERIOUSLY ASKING THIS??"

"got the message loud and clear, ok I gtg byeee"

Percy cut off the connection and started walking out of the forest to the cabin holding the book tightly. Maybe it could get them some answers.. ...maybe he should just give it to Annabeth, she liked to read right?