Chapter 4

Percy POV

After some time I got pretty strong. Or so to say, Chaos made me strong. At first there would often be power given to me. But after a while it became less and less, until at some point it really became rare. I still had to take on the job of his personal assassin and secretary of course. Some years went by and it was ok. I mean for 5 000 years I still felt young. Of course I was made immortal as I took the job. Or so to say a day after that .. we forgot about that.. Whoops? ..

Chaos made a good father. I was a bit unsure at first, but he's fun. He listens to you -also if it's your thoughts and you don't really want him to, he tells jokes -or tries to, we always eat dinner together -even thought the table could be smaller, and I think he kinda likes me -even thought I at first only was an experiment.

I mean it could have been a 'weird' family-feeling, or a 'you're only here so I can give my powers to the next generation' thing. But no. He saw me as a son.

Either that, or he's good at acting. But I saw him trying to act once in a theatre, and let's just say nobody knew who he was supposed to be. And it seemed 1000% fake. It was so bad, many just left..

I heard some footsteps and suddenly the door was opened. "Flang, your Dad wants to see you" a man in a black cloak said.

I know I should be like 'you dare call the prince by his name?!' or something like that, but it was Chaos' planet. Even though they all knew me by now, they still called me Flang. Or at least the soldiers that worked here.

Maybe because some years ago I told them to.. but I didn't care. And Chaos was ok with it too as long as it was this planet.

All other planets and beings in the universe not. They had to call me prince and respect me. It was fun in it's own way.

And yeah, I finally got to see 'The little mermaid 2'. I got Dad to buy it for me at Saturn. It was nerve-wracking til the end.

Even though I didn't age, I still changed. My appearance was a bit different than before. And my aura too. With the dark hair, dark eyes and pale skin, nobody would recognize me as Percy Jackson anymore. On this planet that is. So about 2 000 years ago I could finally stop wearing a cloak.

After that Dad showed my face to the people on the planet, for the first time. They were getting anxious after all. I mean, who wouldn't? Knowing there is a prince, but not knowing what he looks like, for thousands of years..

Oh yeah! Everybody here is kind of immortal too. Just a bit different. There are two kinds of 'immortal' for them. 1. Can't die, don't age, but can be killed. 2. Can and does age (but mostly stops at some point), can't die, can be killed. Sometimes they themselves can control how fast and when they stop ageing. 

The only can't die, don't age, can't really be killed ones here are me, my father, and the new secretary he hired. He's just a secretary though. The work just became more and more, so we needed help.

And there are more important things that happened! I recruited some dead demigods for the army! Or well, let's just say I pulled some strings. Cause nobody knows of it. Not even them.. and I don't really plan on getting involved with them. I mean, I love my friends, but I want them to start a new life with the possibility of going back to Earth. Even if it's just for missions. So that they can see their family and loved ones without hating them at some point or being mad at others.

That's the hope they need. But if they knew I was here and the prince they'd surely ask what happened. And I would not want to take their hope and trust. They shouldn't stay mad at those they know. I'm a bad boy now. Really bad. But not as bad as to crush them like this.

I made Chaos recruit :

- Luke Castellan
- Zoe Nightshade
- Bianca di Angelo
- Silena Beaurendorf
- Calypso
- Castor Dion

I had to make a strong team. So I did. Dad doesn't completely know why I wanted them to be here either thought. But as I see it, he's glad to have them in the army. He never in the lightest complained and they are one of the best teams we have.

Oh yeah. About that '5 000 years went by, but they can still see their family' thing. The gods made a immortality barrier around the camp so that all those inside won't age. And their parents won't age either, as they are gods.. so..

Well that's the last thing I heard from Earth though. Not that I care. I was just making sure that those who didn't betray me had it ok.

It's the least I could do.

After I made sure nothing happened to them, I cut every connection with Earth.

The only thing connected to Earth here now is the gossip I hear when I go to bars (Undercover of course). It's said that all these years nothing really changed. And that's quite something. No really new inventions, no human transformation. Nothing.

I have no clue why, but I don't exactly care either. I just take it as it is.

And I won't lie about my powers.. yes, I already destroyed some planets because of anger.. but.. uhh.. nobody is perfect.

But well, everybody here knows not to make me angry. After all the newspaper just had to write all about the exploding castle.. Well.. good thing Chaos rebuild it pretty fast. I had to help too, of course.

I stood up. "What does he want?" He looked scared at me. "I'm sorry, I don't know that much. I only got the order to tell you to come"

"Damn it.." I cursed.

"I thought we made the deal that today I would be on vacation!"
I whined before teleporting myself to him.

He sat at his desk with thousands of papers laying everywhere. I looked at the mess. That's so like him..

"What is it dad? Did you forget that I'm on vacation for today?"
I said really tired. In how long haven't I sleept now? 3 or 4 days?

"I'm really sorry about that, but I thought it would be the best timing for us to have an important father - son conversation.."

Oh no.. I swallowed, panicking a bit..

"It's not about that again, is it? Dad I thought I told you I know about the flowers and b.."

He interrupted.

"..It's not about that!" He hurriedly answered. Him too, clearly recalling the embarrassing situation and the embarrassing talk that time..

He cleared his throat.

"It's about you.."