Gopi Vastraharan Leela

It was a fine sunny day and all my priya Gopis were getting ready to have bath in the lake. I was so excited for this. Unfortunately, Radha didn't come, having few work to do as the mukhiya. And with that, lots of other Gopis ignored the proposal of few of the Gopis who used to go daily to have bath in the lake, because Radhe wasn't coming. Oh how can they act like this! But I still wanted to go.

The Gopis secretly loved Kanha, and wanted him as thier eternal lover. Only I knew this and had to commit few of the Gopis that I would never tell this to Kanha nor any other Gopis.

I ran towards Barsana in my jingling anklets. I came towards the beautiful lake and looked to see all the Gopis having bath in the river without covering thier body with any clothes. They were singing songs for Krishna and his Beauty. I had to say, they all sang beautifully. They told me that they used to worship Mata Katyayani for her mercy to help them have Krishna as thier eternal lover.

They used to sing :-

Katyayani
Mahayogindhiswari
Nand gop sutam devi patim me
kuru te namh:

(Meaning)
Oh devi Katyayani
Show us your mercy by helping us have our eternal lover as Nand Nandana.

I was buried into thier song when I realised that I didn't even have my bath. They all were about to come out when thier eyes set on me.

Gopika - Oh Amaravati. The most beautiful women in the whole Aryavart! Why are you standing thier sakhi? Come over here!

Me - Sakhi, I was buried into your songs. I'm sorry.

Gopika - No worries sakhi, we will wait and play until your bath is done. We will have our bath once again!

Me - Oh sakhi! Wait a second, I'm coming.

I look around to see where they all have set thier dresses so that I could set my cheer (saree) there too. I looked around but there were no cheer.

Me - Sakhi? Where did you all set your cheer?

Gopika - Oh sakhi, would be here- Oh god! Where is our cheer!!

They all started to tense up. I start to look around the lake. Where could it possibly go?

Gopika - Sakhi! How would we get out!

Me - Don't worry sakhi, the cheer would be around here. Where else could it go.

They huff in tension. Where did the cheer go? They don't have legs to walk, do they?

Me - Sakhi, do you remember that you've surely set your sarees over here??

Gopika - Yes sakhi! We are sure!

My goodness....

Gopika - Hey! What if someone stole our sarees?

Me - No sakhi, who would have the firmness to steal it! Knowing that they are the Sakhi of Amaravati!

I rage up

Krishna - Me

What! How can I hear the voice of Krishna.

Krishna - Yes it's me dear. Look up!

All the Gopis refuse to look up in shame but I look up. I see Krishna laying on the trees branch beside the lake with all the clothes hanging beside him. How did he get there? I join my hands in respect.

Me - Krishna! Don't tease my Sakhis! And Give them thier clothes back!

Krishna - Sakhi, don't come in between me and my Gopis.

I glance at him. How dare he! Did he just say that I was coming in between? Am I not his Sakhi?

Me - Krishna!