Krishna To Reveal Himself

//AUTHOR'S P.O.V.//

Silence was turning the situation worse. Rajkumari Amaravati's head hung low in disappointment, but looking at Shri Krishna, he looked furious as if finding for answers from his Parth without speaking a single word.

Arjuna - Therefore, we should not kill our brothers, the sons of Dhritaraashtra. How can we be happy after killing our kinsmen, Madhava?

Amaravati - Parth, are you doubting yourself before killing those people who are the reason for the destruction of your family?!

Arjun - Though they, blinded by greed, do not see evil in the destruction of the family, or sin in being treacherous to friends. Why shouldn't we, who clearly see evil in the destruction of the family, think about turning away from this sin?

Rajkumari Amaravati turned away furiously, tears of rage forcefully slipping out of her eyes.

Arjuna - With the destruction of the family, the eternal family traditions are destroyed, and immorality prevails due to the destruction of family traditions. And when immorality prevails, Amare, the women of the family become corrupted, when women are corrupted, social problems arise. This brings the family and the slayers of the family to hell, because the spirits of their ancestors are degraded when deprived of ceremonial offerings of rice-ball and water.

Arjuna - The everlasting qualities of Varna (rules of the societies) and family traditions of those who destroy their family are ruined by the sinful act of illegitimacy. We have been told, Madhava, that people whose family traditions are destroyed necessarily dwell in hell for a long time. Alas! We are ready to commit a great sin by striving to slay our kinsmen because of greed for the pleasures of the kingdom. It would be far better for me if the sons of Dhritarashtra should kill me with their weapons in battle while I am unarmed and unresisting.

Rajkumari Amaravati's eyes went wide. She could not believe, the one who is a warrior, the one who himself has taught her so many lessons, today is the one who fails the most important quality of kshatriya. Today is the one who doesn't want to fight for Dharma. Today is the one who'd rather let Gaandeeva slip from his hands rather than slaying the sinful people. Today is the one who doens't understand the value of each and everything that is the cause of this war.

Having said this in the battle field and casting aside his bow and arrow, Arjuna sat down on the seat of the chariot with his mind overwhelmed with sorrow. Rajkumari Amaravati's eyes shifted towards Arjuna whose eyes were tearful and downcast, and who was overwhelmed with compassion and despair.

Her hands moved towards his shoulder, getting a firm grip of it.

Amaravati - How has the dejection come to you at this juncture Parth?!

Her eyebrows clenched together as she frowned looking into his eyes.

Madhava -  This is not fit for an Aryan or the people of noble mind and deeds. It is disgraceful, and it does not lead one to heaven, Parth. Do not become a coward, Parth, because it does not befit you. Shake off this weakness of your heart and get up for the battle Parth!

Still his gaze fine tuned on the ground, tears flew out of Arjuna's eyes as he spoke only to ask a question.

Arjuna - How shall I strike Bheeshma and Drona, who are worthy of my worship, with arrows in battle, Madhava? It would be better, indeed, to live on alms in this world than to slay these noble gurus, because, by killing them I would enjoy wealth and pleasures stained with their blood. Neither do we know which alternative, to beg or to kill, is better for us, nor do we know whether we shall conquer them or they will conquer us. We should not even wish to live after killing the sons of Dhritaraashtra who are standing in front of us.