In Which, Panic Might Be The Better Option

Aizawa POV

(It's my first time writing in this pov so be patient with me)

Shouta didn't ask for much in life. A few hours of sleep, coffee, all he needed were the essentials.

He could even deal with a few problem children here and there. 

But Midoriya- that kid was a whole other level of crazy.

He really should have seen it coming. That glint in his eye was the same as Toshinori's.

 And he truly despised Toshinori. 

The man had single handly turned the hero industry into a commercial enterprise. That was the problem with becoming a 'symbol of peace'. Yes, it could help ease citizens' worries. But it also meant heroes were put on a pedestal. A pedestal so high kids like Midoriya would hurt themselves trying to reach it.

Also, who sets their own voice as their ringtone? Like can we just take a second and revisit that. Out of all the annoying ass ringtones in the world. He chooses to make it his own catchphrase repeating over and over like his personal greeting to Hell.

Back on topic. 

Midoriya was uncannily similar to the former number one hero in all the ways that made Shouta want to bang his head against a wall. 

The kid was beyond reckless, breaking his fingers at every opportunity that presented itself to him. It was truly a miracle he was still in one piece. 

Midoriya also had the annoyingly sweet habit of befriending every kid in class- or at least trying to. Not that it took much. All the brats clung to him like a magnet. He had to admit he'd been impressed when the kid had managed to befriend Todoroki, a boy who had up until that point, refused to even be civil with the other students. 

It was infuriating. 

He couldn't just disregard Midoriya as the next fame-obsessed poser. The kid had heart. And begrudgingly so, Shouta could admit he wanted to Midoriya grow up to be the next number one hero. If anyone deserved it, he did. 

But none of that mattered now. Now he had a terrified child in front of him to deal with.

Shouta made a show of staying frozen as the ice melted around Midoriya's feet, not wanting to scare him further. 

"I know you're scared. But it's going to be okay. I promise," Shouta spoke slowly. Hoping his word would bring some comfort to the still spooked student.

Midoriya's eyes were blown wide, The green of his eyes flashing as he watched Shouta. He looked like a deer in the headlights. 

Shouta took a step closer. He couldn't help but grimace as the kid flinched. 

It was obvious he didn't have the slightest idea who any of them were. But it also seemed like he was scared of quirks themselves. Odd. Maybe it had been the villain's quirk at play and not a hit to the head that caused the sudden amnesia. 

The students not chasing around his problem child had already arrested the two women, and Iida was making sure they ended up at the police station. God help them. By the end of Iida's lecturing, they would probably regret every going into villainy to begin with. 

The sound of tires pulled his attention away from the boy. (He's probably getting tired of all the distractions. But he will just have to roll with it). There was Yaoyorozu, perhaps the only sane child in his class, pulling the car around. 

That car was worth more to him than his own house. He'd received it last year as a gift from Nezu. The man...bear....mouse....whatever- the being was a genius. But Shouta was also 70 percent sure Nezu was plotting all their downfalls.