A Bond So Strong I Forgot It

Apparently living with Shouta was beginning to rub off on him. He'd fallen asleep as soon as he got home as if he was going into hibernation and he could only assume Shouta had done the same. Maybe it was the result of emotionally taxing information being piled on top of him over the course of a few days. Maybe it was the fact he'd seen a talking Mouse Bear and lived to tell the tale, Maybe it was the fact he'd learned green really was his natural hair color-but he felt like he could sleep for a week straight.

Unfortunately, Shouta seemed to have other plans.

Everything had been going great. He'd been sleeping- as you do. Thankfully without weird broken hand dreams. But that moment of peace was short-lived. 

His precious blankets, wrapping around him like a cacoon, were ripped away from him. The cold air hitting him and immediately making goosebumps rise to the top of his skin. He tried to wrestle for the blankets back with his eyes still firmly closed, but apparently fighting for something with a pro-hero was a harder task than he could have guessed. 

Soon he was holding nothing but air. This was unacceptable.

Izuku squeezed his eyes shut against the annoying bright lamp that had been turned on beside him. Doing his best to let himself fall back into the blissful nothingness. 

"Kid. Get up. You've been sleeping for a concerning amount of time," a tired voice grumbled. That was rich coming from the man who considered mornings optional. 

Izuku curled up into a ball, pressing his knees to his chest to get warm. This was just sad. Shouta should feel ashamed, bullying a poor child. 

"You have five seconds to get out of bed," Shouta warned. There was a lightness to his words. Apparently, Izuku's stubbornness was more amusing than annoying. Not that there was anything funny about the situation. Being woken up should be a crime.

There was one thing in this world that Izuku had the utmost appreciation for. Sleep. The wonder of sinking down underneath warm covers, the way you forgot all the stressful parts of your life. Sleep was to him what chocolate cake was to other people; pure happiness. 

"Five." Shouta began to count. Izuku could feel the bed dip down from where the man had sat next to him. There was a hand on his shoulder, gently trying to shake him awake.

"Four."

Izuku buried his face deeper in the pillow to hide a smile, hoping Shouta would think he'd gone back to sleep and leave him alone.

"Three."

And what was he gonna do about it? Izuku could sleep as long as he wanted to, the most Shouta could do was erase his quirk. 

"Two," Shouta warned. 

Izuku could hear the smile in his voice. That wasn't good. Izuku had known him for a very short period of time and he'd seen him smile maybe...three...four times the entire time, mostly when he was bossing Izuku around.

"One."

Izuku held his breath as he listened to the bed creak. Shouta had stood up. Although Izuku couldn't hear footsteps walking away, maybe he really was giving up?

And then a true tragedy occurred. The warmth of his bed was stolen from him, the mattress falling away as two arms scooped him up. 

Giving up his still sleeping charade, Izuku peeked an eye open, seeing the ground now far below him. An involuntary sound somewhere between a gasp and a squeak left his throat, he clung to his teacher for dear life.

"Hey! You cheated!" Izuku frowned. He very much wanted to cross his arms over his chest to maintain some form of dignity but was too afraid to let go. He was forced to let himself be carried like a small child out of the room.