Iida Has Got A Solution And It's Not Murder

Izuku POV:

"Kid c'mon we gotta go," Shouta called out from the front door.

Izuku shoved his coat on, giving up on the tie altogether before scrambling out to meet him.

It was his third day back at school and he no longer felt like passing out at the sight of teenagers. And not the good kind of passing out where it was like "wow they're so cool" and then hit the floor. More like "I'm about to die", say something embarrassing, stumble clumsily, and then eventually lose consciousness. Because if there was a humiliating way to faint, Izuku was bound to do it.

Shouta was waiting for him, leaning against the door frame with an amused expression on his face. Brows raised and his face pinched like he was holding back a smile. Probably from the fact Izuku still couldn't put on a tie after they'd dedicated a good half hour to learning how.

"Does the loud one have to be there?" Izuku questioned, frowning at the thought.

Shouta had told him that the explosion guy was coming back today and needless to say, Izuku was not excited. Apparently, they had gone to the same middle school and now hated each other- according to Uraraka. Izuku really wasn't interested in the details of how this hatred came to be. He'd just gotten past the fact he used to have a shrine for the former number one hero. There was only so much he could handle.

Shouta set a hand on his shoulder, looking sympathetic. "Yes. But don't forget you can just give me the signal and I'll excuse you from class. You don't owe anyone anything so don't feel like you have to talk to him."

Izuku doubted he'd need to leave class over it. Sass had slowly but surely been replacing the fear and while he still had his moments, he felt much more confident in himself.

But maybe he could work this to his advantage, Shouta probably felt bad Izuku had to meet yet another peer. This was the perfect chance to ask for what he really wanted. "Can I use my quirk today?" he asked shyly. The more scared he looked the more Shouta would be nice to him.

"No."

Or he would just say that.

"Just for five minutes?" he pleaded, blinking rapidly so his eyes would water.

"No."

"What if I promise to help you grade papers?"

Shouta stopped, looking down at him and seemingly considering the offer for a minute. His shoulders rose in an exaggerated sigh. "Fine," he agreed.

"Wait really?" Izuku gasped.

"No."

Before Izuku could continue to grovel, Shouta placed a hand on each shoulder and steered him out the door.

By the time they got to homeroom, Izuku had given up his pleas and settled for silent strategizing.

"Midoriya," Todoroki greeted, immediately grabbing Izuku's hand and pulling him away from their teacher. It had become a routine. The second they saw each other they immediately started talking. Well...Izuku talked, Todoroki mostly listened and sent occasional glares to Aoyama.

"Good morning," Izuku greeted, nodding to Uraraka as she walked over to them.

"Hi Deku!"

"Bonjour mon ami," Aoyama flashed a sparkly smile, making a beeline to them. "Comment vas-tu aujourd'hui?"

"Um....good?" Izuku said, the answer sounding more like a question. At least he'd gotten to the point where he could talk to people without his heart pounding.