Todoroki's Two Favorite Things: Shit Talking Endeavor And Clinging To Midoriya

Midoriya POV:

Going to the hospital twice in one month is not as fun as people make it out to be. Yeah sure, there was always the chance you'd get lucky and run into a celebrity who fell off their million-dollar horse or stubbed their toe. However, the odds of that happening were about the same as seeing Iida slouch and Izuku just wasn't ready to invest in that kind of excitement.

Plus everyone there stared at him.

Not in a mysterious stranger-type way where he told them about the time he wrestled with an alligator in the swamps of Florida with only an improvised cane and quirky sidekick at his aid. More in a 'what the hell is this child doing here' type way. Even if Izuku did have a cool story to tell them it's not like he could. Shouta had strictly forbidden him from talking to people, using his quirk, or doing anything that even had the slight chance of causing trouble. 

Which is how he found himself standing silently beside Todoroki as they waited for the front desk person to check them in while Shouta and the others dealt with the police report. The front desk person was typing away, plastic nails clattering on the keyboard in a way that was almost familiar but not quite pleasant. Izuku knew he should probably stop calling her front desk person but 'receptionist' didn't quite seem to fit and he was gonna blame his weird naming on the memory loss and not laziness.

Thankfully she looked up after another moment, glassy eyes examining the two of them carefully. "Can I help you boys?" She asked, the keyboard continued to click as she spoke. Izuku watched in amazement ad she typed while looking directly at them.

"Yes. We'd like to see a doctor," Todoroki said, shuffling a little closer to the desk and eyes falling to where her hands were typing- he must have been just as confused as Izuku but was a little worse at hiding it.

"Name?" she asked.

Todoroki straightened, partly blocking Izuku's view as he began to speak in a very formal tone. "Shoto Todoroki. My father is Endeavor and has always wanted me to be a hero. But frankly, I've always hated him and want to forge my own path. But then Midoriya told me it was my power and now-"

"I meant name of the patient," she interrupted, brows shooting so far up her forehead they nearly disappeared into her hairline.

Todoroki cleared his throat awkwardly, seeming for a moment to forget himself. Suddenly a warm hand grabbed his uninjured arm and tugged him forward, nearly causing him to crash into Todoroki's side. "This is my Midoriya."

Izuku hit his arm. "Todoroki you can't tell people that!" He could feel his whole face heating up. If people weren't already looking they sure as hell were now.

"What?" Todoroki asked, blinking innocently at him.

"You're supposed to say my friend" Izuku scolded, emphasizing 'friend' like it was some new never before used word. Seeing the still clueless frown, Izuku rolled his eyes, opting to speak to the check-in person himself. "The name is Izuku Midoriya. I think my arm is broken."

She blinked, completely unfazed by what had just happened. A few clicks later she nodded, gesturing for them to have a seat without a second glance.

Todoroki led them to two chairs in the furthest corner of the room, about as far away from prying eyes as they could get without leaving entirely. Izuku suddenly wished Shouta hadn't had enough faith in the two of them to let them see the doctor alone. There may be no physical dangers in a waiting room but Shouta's presence would have still brought him some comfort. Plus everyone seemed to look away when Shouta's sleep-deprived eyes locked onto theirs.

Izuku sat gingerly, the plastic crinkling under the new weight. He cushioned his arm, gently gripping his wrist to keep it steady as he got settled. It hurt, like really hurt, but not to the point where the pain became a distraction. Somehow the feeling felt familiar- like his brain had somehow predicted the pain would come.