Shouta's Heart Grew Three Sizes That Day

I write In Midoriya's POV by default. I'm on vacation so I was just writing a paragraph here and there on my phone and forgot to check the outline before writing over 2,000 words. So it's gonna switch to Aizawa towards the end, hope you all still like it! 

Izuku POV: 

The next day Izuku woke up with more excitement than he had in a while. Under normal circumstances, sleep was something he held near and dear to his heart and upon seeing the clock read five am instead of six am he would have gone right back to bed. But today was the day he was going to convince his principal it was a good idea for him to go to America with his friends as weirdly young bodyguards.

Even with the extra time, he found himself hurrying to get ready. The bed was made sloppily, the cover half falling off and pillows pushed together haphazardly. He brushed his teeth and washed his face with just as much rush, only stopping once to look at himself in the mirror closely.

The face was the same in that it was foreign to him, the same emerald eyes staring back at him with an emotion somewhere in between surprised recognition and excitement. Recognition of how, while still a little weird, he knew the face more and more. His memories hadn't returned, but he somehow felt more comfortable in the body he used to feel stuck in.

The rest of the process was easy, getting dressed in his uniform, the tie sloppy in a way he knew Shouta was going to scold him over. It wasn't really like the teacher had room to talk when a teenage boy was less messy than him.

By the time Izuku was ready to head out the door, Shouta's tired form emerged. 

"Problem child," Shouta greeted, nodding before stalking over to the coffee pot. 

Izuku followed, bookbag forgotten.

Knowing better than to try and ask for anything before Shouta had caffeine in his system, Izuku waited with strained patience. He sat at the kitchen table, fidgeted with the salt shaker, then got back up. He ended up awkwardly pacing while trying to hide it, not able to sit still for too long. 

Finally, Shouta looked over at him. 

"Why do you look so excited?" he asked suspiciously, bloodshot eyes narrowing. 

Did he look excited? Izuku took a deep breath, trying to make himself appear more put together. 

"You told me I could go ask the principal about our plan today," Izuku reminded. 

There was a pause. Shouta setting his now empty mug down. And then a sigh.

"You realize Principal Nezu wants nothing more than for you to stay here and train with him?  He keeps pestering me to let you go to his office."

Izuku shrugged, "I don't mind training with him a little."

Shouta shook his head, looking to the mug longingly like one coffee wasn't enough to deal with this conversation. When he looked back at Izuku he had that look in his eyes that meant Izuku really shouldn't test his patience. "Absolutely not. Under no circumstances are you to agree to train with him. Got it?"

He wanted to question Shouta's obvious distaste for Nezu. Sure there had been a few misguided compliments thrown out, and Izuku was still not sure if he was talking to an abnormally small bear or an abnormally large mouse, but besides that, there were really no drawbacks.

"Don't think about it," Shouta said, probably seeing the gears turn in Izuku's head. "Just promise whatever you do to not make any agreements with him besides going to America."

Izuku nodded wordlessly.

He waited to see if Shouta would say anything else, but apparently, that was the extent of what he wanted to say.