Happy Or Sad? That's A Question With No Answer.

*Warning: Implied Death. I'm not sure if this needs a warning or not but I put one just in case! :)

Izuku POV

Deja vu to him was what donuts were to little kids.

Not that he was implying he enjoyed the feeling of reliving a past experience or dream. At first, it had been kind of cool, especially when he was experiencing the feeling of repetition in a world he didn't remember. But as time wore on and the feelings grew stronger it became burdensome. Something he couldn't escape. Just like how tiny humans couldn't escape their sugar-crazed frenzy.

The first time he'd really felt it was walking into class. Everyone had stared- although that was more expected than anything. It was when the loud one, Bakugo, had mumbled something about him not even being able to get his memories back under his breath that Izuku had stiffened. It wasn't the words that were familiar, but rather the way they made him feel. He'd said something along the lines of, "I'm thankful I don't have to remember you" before Shouta had once again stepped in and separated them. Izuku had sat down with a huff, repressing the urge to stick his tongue out. Someone really needed to tell Bakugo basing your whole personality on being an asshole was not the move.

He'd felt it again when getting his cast off. Something about his arm being examined felt way too familiar. Izuku had yet to ask about his past injuries, a little scared to hear the answer. But it seemed this was not the first time his arm had been broken.

He felt it now too while training with Todoroki.

"Shift your stance so that more of your weight is on your back leg, that way you have more support if you lose your balance," Todoroki explained, hovering beside Izuku patiently as he adjusted.

Widening his stance, Izuku nodded. "Okay, I'm ready." Thank God the cast had already come off. The first time they'd tried this the cast had been used as a makeshift shield.

"Are you sure Midoirya? It's okay if you just want to work on technique today. I don't mind." Todoroki asked, turning to look at him pointedly. He was being very cautious today, more so than when they'd trained ever before. Not that he had a lot of experiences to compare it to. They'd only been training for the past week and Izuku wasn't allowed to use his quirk for any kind of attack yet, then again, that was an improvement from not being able to use his quirk at all.

Izuku scoffed- he'd gotten very good at faking confidence. It was the only way Shouta would even let him do this in the first place. When Izuku had asked to start training he'd only been allowed to in private with Shouta. Izuku had then turned the matter over to Nezu, who'd given him permission to work with Todoroki. For some reason Shouta had not taken that very well, practically begging him to work with Uraraka instead. But Todoroki was who he knew the best and it just felt more natural with him.

"I'm sure, c'mon let's go," Izuku urged. He glanced over at Shouta, who was sulking over on the sidelines of their mock arena.

Todoroki backed up, getting into stance but then hesitated. "I don't want to accidentally hurt you."

Miffed, Izuku raised his eyebrows. "No offense but you asked me the difference between a ladybug and a beetle earlier today. I think I'll be fine."

He could hear muffled laughter from behind him before Shouta called out to Todoroki, "If there's even a scratch on him you're getting detention."

"He's lying," Izuku reassured quietly as he saw Todoroki's expression morph from concern to terrified.

"I'm not lying."

Izuku glanced over his shoulder, shooting Shouta a dark look. One would think after agreeing to the adoption that the man would become less frantic over every little thing. One would be wrong. Shouta didn't even have the nerve to look ashamed, smiling softly at Izuku before turning his death stare back on his best friend.