A Cheesy Reunion

In which, Todoroki and Midoriya are a disaster pair. 

Izuku POV

Izuku had watched enough movies in the past week to know going to school was not supposed to be this exciting. Images of whining kids and overworked teachers flashed through his head as he got ready. But he was excited....at least he thought he was. It was hard to distinguish if the butterflies in his stomach were from anticipation or nerves. 

He looked presentable for the most part. The uniform wasn't exactly the most comfortable and he'd forsaken the tie altogether. His hair also wasn't cooperating whatsoever but he figured that was nothing unusual. 

Shouta had left him with Uraraka and the others on the lawn since they arrived early, he'd been mumbling something about coffee and warning the other teachers. Izuku had no idea what he could possibly be warning them about. He was a little angel- for the most part.

"Are you excited for your first day back?" Uraraka asked, one hand on his arm while she practically bounced in place. She was like the living embodiment of sunshine, always bubbly and beaming. 

"I think I am?" Izuku said, still slightly unsure of himself. He didn't know how to act, or maybe the better way to phrase would be how they wanted him to act. But Uraraka was still all smiles so he took it as a good sign.

Iida, looking even more put together than the last time he'd seen him, had a small smile of his own. "Don't worry Midoriya, it's okay to be nervous. Everyone is just so excited to see you again!"

Izuku cringed as Iida once again forgot he didn't have to shout to be heard. He did his best to return the smile, but it came out as more of a grimace. "Yeah, that's kinda what I'm worried about," Izuku admitted. 

He was suddenly grateful they had met up behind the school, safe from any prying eyes. 

"They'll all be super nice! I promise!" Uraraka assured him quickly. At this point Izuku was almost positive her feet weren't actually on the ground. "And if not," Uraraka flashed an evil grin, "I'll make sure they never speak to you again."

A shiver ran down his spine. Weren't these people supposed to be the good guys?

"You have to stop doing that. He's going to think you actually murder people," Iida scolded. 

Izuku glanced at Todoroki, who had just been standing stoically off to the side, but the other didn't react at all. So this was a normal occurrence then. Noted.

His gaze turned to the building that towered over them instead. It was pristine, shiny and new from the windows plastered from wall to wall in some sections down to the perfectly cut grass below their feet. It definitely fit the bill for prestigious hero school. 

Izuku could feel the blood rising to his cheeks at his next question, "Will you guys stay with me the whole time?" 

It was childish to not want to be left alone when there was obviously no danger in store, but the thought of entering such an intimidating building without them made his stomach flip. This was his first time being anywhere without Shouta since the memory loss, he knew he shouldn't use the teacher as a crutch to fall back on whenever he felt nervous, but he secretly wished Shouta had stayed with them as well. At least if he was there the other students would watch what they said around him. 

"Of course we will!" Uraraka said. 

The conversation veered off into Iida catching Izuku up on what they'd been studying before he pulled a Lockhart on them. Most of the material seemed to be focused on what their lives would look like after graduation- continuing internships or going straight into sidekick work.